07-07-2012
Med's Request
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
03-11-2011
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hello,

I recently got my medical request and hope to done the test within few days!! But I am confused with few things. Usually how many days it takes to get passport request after medical? The other important thing is, I am planning to get married on December. So, I was planning to add my spouse right after that with my application.

Just wondering, can I still add my spouse after passport request? or if I didnot get the passport request by December, then for sure I can add my spouse with my PNP PR application. But how?

How should I approach? How should I inform CIC Buffalo? is there any specific form something like address change form? or do I need to send all of the supporting documents for my spouse in the first mail when I am informing CIC that my marriage status has been changed?

Please help me!! I am in a big dilemma!!! Your help is much appreciable!!!

sroy

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2011
Nomination.....
20-03-2011
AOR Received.
16-09-2011
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
03-11-2011
Passport Req..
Waiting
Plzzzz help me!!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I have heard, when Buffalo sends you the passport request, they ask you again if there have been changes in your family composition and for example, if a wife is pregnant and a baby is expected before landing, they are not supposed to send their passport so I assume the same applies if you are about to get married. Contact Buffalo and ask about this. If you want to get married and add your wife to your file, do it asap before the passport request.

jmark

Sep 20, 2011
To: Leon

What if I'm going to marry a Canadian PR holder? Will it affect my application and do you have any ideas what are the documents need to be submitted? thanks

sroy

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2011
Nomination.....
20-03-2011
AOR Received.
16-09-2011
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
03-11-2011
Passport Req..
Waiting
Thanks for your reply!!!
Is there any specific way to inform CIC? What are the document I need to submit? Do I need to send Generic applicatin form again?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jmark said:
To: Leon

What if I'm going to marry a Canadian PR holder? Will it affect my application and do you have any ideas what are the documents need to be submitted? thanks
If the person you are marrying already has PR, it will not affect your application but you should still notify immigration that you got married.

sroy said:
Thanks for your reply!!!
Is there any specific way to inform CIC? What are the document I need to submit? Do I need to send Generic applicatin form again?
You would send it again if you have already gotten married and are ready to add your wife to your file. You would send all forms again that have changed because you are married and all forms that your wife has to fill out by herself plus the fees for your wife.

For now, you should just send a case specific enquiry, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/buffalo.asp with your name, date of birth and file number and notify them that you are getting married in December and to please hold off on your passport request until you are ready to add your wife to your file.

ilyasshaihan

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
i have also the same case pls if some one add his wife its delay in visa prosess or not i am thinking about married and i am waiting for medical request pls help me

logitechcam

Feb 22, 2011
Hi there,

I added my wife to my application after i got my FN. so i can share my past experience with you to give you some ideas.

I got my Medical Request in March, but i didnot the test before i added my wife to the application. After i submitted my additional documents for my wife, it took me 5 weeks to get the medical request for my wife. Then we did our medical. I waitted for 4 month after our Medical was done.

For your case, i think you still can add your spouse before your applicaton is completed. If you are married before your application process is done, you need to let CIC know your status change by Mail. To answer your questions:

How to add your spouse:

CIC has a form come with your medical request, (if not come with your medical, search online of i can try to scan one and email to you), it is called "Changes in Personal Information". On this form, you will find that there is a section of Change of Family Composition. Fill this form, write a letter to CIC for explaining your case, and also attach all additional documents for your spouse. Also, you have the option of Fax to CIC or Mail to CIC.(Listed on the top of the form).

Hope this is helping you.

Regards,

Log

sroy said:
Hello,

I recently got my medical request and hope to done the test within few days!! But I am confused with few things. Usually how many days it takes to get passport request after medical? The other important thing is, I am planning to get married on December. So, I was planning to add my spouse right after that with my application.

Just wondering, can I still add my spouse after passport request? or if I didnot get the passport request by December, then for sure I can add my spouse with my PNP PR application. But how?

How should I approach? How should I inform CIC Buffalo? is there any specific form something like address change form? or do I need to send all of the supporting documents for my spouse in the first mail when I am informing CIC that my marriage status has been changed?

Please help me!! I am in a big dilemma!!! Your help is much appreciable!!!

Reactions: Sonia@93

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am thinking if its a better idea to postpone marriage until after I receive my PR...instead of getting married now and adding spouse to the application. I already completed medicals about a month ago. I am very confused

sroy

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2011
Nomination.....
20-03-2011
AOR Received.
16-09-2011
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
03-11-2011
Passport Req..
Waiting
Thanks Log for your nice reply.

I was trying to serch but no luck. I am just wondering, if I inform CIC buffalo through e-case login, is thats works as well? what do you think?

logitechcam

Feb 22, 2011
you can use ecase, but with my experience, ecase doesnot help alot. you can try to contact your provincial office who nomineed you, and ask if they have help on this. This was what i did for submitting my additional documents.

sroy

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2011
Nomination.....
20-03-2011
AOR Received.
16-09-2011
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
03-11-2011
Passport Req..
Waiting
okay that's sounds good. And I also find the form for change of personal information!!!

thanks

janwar

Jan 26, 2012
Background:
I am currently working in Nova Scotia and Nominated by the province for the immigration under International Graduate Provincial Nominee stream. I completed my medical in August 2011. I got married the same year, added my wife to my application in December 2011 waiting for her medical now. My wife is currently here on a visitor visa. My PGWP expires in few months and I am currently in process of renewing my work permit with a letter of support from the province. I am also planning on doing application for my wife's open work permit with my renewal application.

questions:
1) How long does it generally take them to request wife's medical? Is it possible for me to get her medical done before Buffalo requests, If yes what forms I would need?
2) Is it a good idea for me to apply for my wife's work permit at the same time? Share any experiences.

Thanks in advance for taking time to reply.