+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Add Co-signer for 2020 income for Sponsorship 2019

archivist

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
Hello,

I already applied for parent sponsorship in 2019. My application is accepted for the last three years LICO is met.

I quit my job this year so I will not have any income this year. Can I add my spouse as a cosigner for 2020 income for Sponsorship 2019?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
If you have already applied there is no need to do anything unless IRCC asks for your current income. If they do, then explain to them that you quit your job and request if you can now add your spouse as co-signer.

Is your wife already a sponsor for her parents?

You can't add your spouse as co-signer after you have already submitted your application. IRCC doesn't ask everyone to show latest income proof after the initial application. But if they do then explain your current situation.

archivist

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
If you have already applied there is no need to do anything unless IRCC asks for your current income. If they do, then explain to them that you quit your job and request if you can now add your spouse as co-signer.

Is your wife already a sponsor for her parents?

You can't add your spouse as co-signer after you have already submitted your application. IRCC doesn't ask everyone to show latest income proof after the initial application. But if they do then explain your current situation.
Thank you. That's a relief.
Yes, she did. Are you asking if her income is enough to cover family members + both sponsored parents? then yes.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I already applied for parent sponsorship in 2019. My application is accepted for the last three years LICO is met.

I quit my job this year so I will not have any income this year. Can I add my spouse as a cosigner for 2020 income for Sponsorship 2019?
No, you can't add your spouse at this point. You are required to meet LICO until the end of the process, so if IRCC requests updated financial proofs (which they often do before final approval), you will not meet LICO and the app will be refused.

Get a job.