+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adaptability : Sexuality factor Debate

Nader 79

Aug 24, 2009
Hi all,

I'm so glad to have come across this forum as I'm hopefully close to getting my medical tests papers issued (fingers crossed).

For my application, I hired a respectable Middle East agent so I didn't worry about calculation of points or filling out the forms - the only thing I had to do was submitting original certificates to them and of course sitting for IELTS.

Still I see a lot here thinking hard of how to bridge the gap and score the extra few points to earn 67 and be accepted. Also, most of those have scored "0" on adaptability (single, no family in Canada).

I think "Adaptability" holds a wider range of meaning than just the above two criteria mentioned. How about if the individual is non-hetrosexual? If someone is gay for example he/she would feel more at ease in Canada compared to a home country where such sexuality or lifestyle is frowned upon and sometimes penalized by a death sentence!

The only possible explanation for omitting sexuality is that it would be hard to really prove it in an official "stamped" paper and some people might abuse it and "act" gay just to gain more points.

Hope to discuss more issues with you in the future,

Nader
Beirut, Lebanon.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Adaptability : *censored word*uality factor Debate

Nader 79 said:
Hi all,

I'm so glad to have come across this forum as I'm hopefully close to getting my medical tests papers issued (fingers crossed).

For my application, I hired a respectable Middle East agent so I didn't worry about calculation of points or filling out the forms - the only thing I had to do was submitting original certificates to them and of course sitting for IELTS.

Still I see a lot here thinking hard of how to bridge the gap and score the extra few points to earn 67 and be accepted. Also, most of those have scored "0" on adaptability (single, no family in Canada).

I think "Adaptability" holds a wider range of meaning than just the above two criteria mentioned. How about if the individual is non-hetro*censored word*ual? If someone is gay for example he/she would feel more at ease in Canada compared to a home country where such *censored word*uality or lifestyle is frowned upon and sometimes penalized by a death sentence!

The only possible explanation for omitting *censored word*uality is that it would be hard to really prove it in an official "stamped" paper and some people might abuse it and "act" gay just to gain more points.

Nader
Beirut, Lebanon.

Thank you for outing your opinion.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005

Hi

Nader 79 said:
Hi all,

I think "Adaptability" holds a wider range of meaning than just the above two criteria mentioned. How about if the individual is non-hetro*censored word*ual? If someone is gay for example he/she would feel more at ease in Canada compared to a home country where such *censored word*uality or lifestyle is frowned upon and sometimes penalized by a death sentence!

The only possible explanation for omitting *censored word*uality is that it would be hard to really prove it in an official "stamped" paper and some people might abuse it and "act" gay just to gain more points.

Nader
Beirut, Lebanon.
Come on now, should little or tall people be more adaptable or left handed people, the adaptability factors http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-adaptability.asp are for the support to help settle in Canada.

PMM

Nader 79

Aug 24, 2009

Dear PPM,

Tall and short people are not punished by law, at least not in the all the countries I know of!! When you talk of adaptability as a way to settle in Cananda, why to consider only the possibility of having a wife? A homosexual, for example, can easily adapt and feel welcome by all the LGBTQ and support organizations missing from his home country as in the case of Middle Eastern, Arab, African, or even Asian immigrant (with the exception of few countries, all these continents condemn homosexuality). Then this person can find a possible life partner and start a lif together which will be a more settled situation than anything offered in the homecountry.

aliimran

Aug 11, 2009

Dear seniors’ pleas advice it is very important
According to my knowledge I am not supposed to add my fiancé in my application
I am expecting my marriage date within 6 months but I am going to submit my application to Canada next month.
Would I get chance to add my spouse in my application at later stage? And till what time it is possible?
Would it be time taking if I add her at later stage?
Or
Would it be quicker if we apply together?
Regards

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010

aliimran said:
Dear seniors' pleas advice it is very important
According to my knowledge I am not supposed to add my fiancé in my application
I am expecting my marriage date within 6 months but I am going to submit my application to Canada next month.
Would I get chance to add my spouse in my application at later stage? yesAnd till what time it is possible? till landing
Would it be time taking if I add her at later stage? yes. it will add to the processing time if you add her later
Or
Would it be quicker if we apply together? yes, but to apply together, you will need to be married and will lose 6 months in getting married...
Regards
so, the suggestion is - apply now and add your fiance when u guys get married...