+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Actual Open Work Permit Not Given at POE

saravan.raman

Aug 5, 2020
Hi All
My spouse is currently working in Ontario on a closed work permit and me and my son were given open worker visa and visitor visa respectively during Jan-2020.
A week back me and my son traveled to Canada(with authorization) ,at POE I am not given actual open work permit and the Immigration officer said
this is since I am not having any job offer and also he asked me to apply for the same online after I get any job offer. Also he said I can stay here for 6 months, and
he has given study permit to my son.

-Any one faced this situation? As far as i heard ,actual open work permit will be given at POE itself for spouse irrespective of have job offer not?
-In this case, how to apply for work permit online? what are the steps and documents required?
-What is the approx. processing time line if we do the online application?
-In this situation ,what is the process if i need to travel to India and come back to Canada within 6 months or after 6 months? Do i need to apply for any another visa for such travel?

Kindly share your input

Regards
Rama

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
Hi All
My spouse is currently working in Ontario on a closed work permit and me and my son were given open worker visa and visitor visa respectively during Jan-2020.
A week back me and my son traveled to Canada(with authorization) ,at POE I am not given actual open work permit and the Immigration officer said
this is since I am not having any job offer and also he asked me to apply for the same online after I get any job offer. Also he said I can stay here for 6 months, and
he has given study permit to my son.

-Any one faced this situation? As far as i heard ,actual open work permit will be given at POE itself for spouse irrespective of have job offer not?
-In this case, how to apply for work permit online? what are the steps and documents required?
-What is the approx. processing time line if we do the online application?
-In this situation ,what is the process if i need to travel to India and come back to Canada within 6 months or after 6 months? Do i need to apply for any another visa for such travel?

Kindly share your input

Regards
Rama
That’s odd, which airport did you landed? I know to Pearson IP is synonymous to stuffs that but that’s not normal to me. Flagpole maybe? Provided current restrictions allow that otherwise you have no option than to submit another application as advised by the officer

Reactions: saravan.raman