Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
AOR Received.
18-10-2017
Thank you so much for your replies...somehow helps me to feel a bit relieved

I guess below would be the best scenario I can hope for. TB came out as a big big surprise for me because I don;t have any symptoms.

I will be happy already if they hold my application and wait for my treatment to complete

"The procedural fairness letter will be issued because OP is inadmissible based on their medical condition. OP can then respond showing that they are undergoing treatment and the app will be held until treatment is completed and OP is no longer inadmissible."
Hi chonji

I have the exact same situation like you. I find out I have active TB during immigration medical exam for applying for CEC. I am currently working in Canada and started the treatment. I submitted my profile two weeks ago, not sure if I will be rejected or delayed because I have active TB.

Do you have any update on your application?

Thank you,

Matthew

mfang

May 4, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
AOR Received.
18-10-2017
Hello,

Is there anyone here has the same situation? Please reply.

thank you,

Matthew

mfang

May 4, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
AOR Received.
18-10-2017
Any response would be appreciated!

Canadianspirit

Feb 2, 2017
Hello
My 2 cents here Sir is that IRCC major worry is if you would pose a risk on Canadians public health and the issue with active TB from a medical point of view is you are infectious however with treatment you no longer are!
So I think hiring a lawyer to handle the legal aspect of your case would be a wise first step. A Second step In my opinion as a physician is to focus on your healing journey and luckily you found out now before it's too late and your chance of being cured is quiet decent!

I am sure your application will eventually come through it might just take longer for that to happen but eventually you will be fine!

Don't give up on your PR and more importantly your health!

And congratulations it was not cancer! You have no idea how lucky you are

Reactions: mfang

chonji1226

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Hello mfang,

Sorry for the delay in reply. I have not checked this forum for quite some tiime, this application process has been a roller coaster ride.

The good news is my application is still alive

The not so good news is that CIC keeps on asking me to do the same test again and again. I even submitted a negative sputum result.

I would have expected that CIC will let me past and will just put me under medical surveillance. It's quite silly they are holding my application when in fact I could have gotten this TB while here in Canada. At the end of the day CIC requires to see a clearance letter that I have completed my treatment so I will have to wait 6 months.

I hope there's someone here who was in the same situation and eventually got admitted.

I have already completed 5 1/2 months of treatment so I have 15 days more to go. I hope soon I will be able to submit the clearance letter.

Reactions: Vostro20 and mfang

abirring

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Has anyone post completion of treatment received positive response from VOs ?
If yes, in how much time frame ?

mfang

May 4, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
AOR Received.
18-10-2017
Hello mfang,

Sorry for the delay in reply. I have not checked this forum for quite some tiime, this application process has been a roller coaster ride.

The good news is my application is still alive

The not so good news is that CIC keeps on asking me to do the same test again and again. I even submitted a negative sputum result.

I would have expected that CIC will let me past and will just put me under medical surveillance. It's quite silly they are holding my application when in fact I could have gotten this TB while here in Canada. At the end of the day CIC requires to see a clearance letter that I have completed my treatment so I will have to wait 6 months.

I hope there's someone here who was in the same situation and eventually got admitted.

I have already completed 5 1/2 months of treatment so I have 15 days more to go. I hope soon I will be able to submit the clearance letter.
Hi Chonji,

How is your treatment going? Have you received PR yet?

Thanks for your reply. I called CIC and they told me having active TB can't not be issue PR until the treatment is completed. I started the treatment for 3 months already, and the doctor said I will need 3 months more treatment. My understanding is that after the full treatment, the TB Clinic will issue the final treatment report stating that treatment has completed and TB is cured. And then CIC will issue the PR to me after receiving the report.

Hope your application already approved since you might have completed your treatment. Please keep us updated.

All the best,

mfang

May 4, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
AOR Received.
18-10-2017
Hi chonji,

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Thank you so much for your reply. You definitely gives me a lot hope. :)

Wish you all the best.

DIY4CANADA

Apr 6, 2017
Hello everyone, I read the entire thread and it seems that hope is not lost if someone is diagnosed with TB. I am the primary applicant and my husband is just a couple of days diagnosed with TB. we were completely unaware and came to know about it because a patch was displayed in his medical exam test and we got it checked on our own. I submitted my application on 1st January, 2018, so its only after that we did the sputum test and all other tests. So now do I have to wait for CIC to ask me for further tests?? or is there a way to contact them and start the treatment accoring to Canadian standards?? Please advice.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone, I read the entire thread and it seems that hope is not lost if someone is diagnosed with TB. I am the primary applicant and my husband is just a couple of days diagnosed with TB. we were completely unaware and came to know about it because a patch was displayed in his medical exam test and we got it checked on our own. I submitted my application on 1st January, 2018, so its only after that we did the sputum test and all other tests. So now do I have to wait for CIC to ask me for further tests?? or is there a way to contact them and start the treatment accoring to Canadian standards?? Please advice.
Yes, you need to wait for IRCC to contact you. In the meantime, his doctor should be starting his treatment ASAP.

DIY4CANADA

Apr 6, 2017
Yes, you need to wait for IRCC to contact you. In the meantime, his doctor should be starting his treatment ASAP.
We received the letter from cic for further tests and after calling cdc medical centre they directed us to a chest physician. However the chest physician just approved the treatment that my husband is undergoing and asked to finish the treatment with our physician himself. I don’t know now what cdc mex centre will upload as a proof as we don’t have any letter or anything from the recommended chest physician!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We received the letter from cic for further tests and after calling cdc medical centre they directed us to a chest physician. However the chest physician just approved the treatment that my husband is undergoing and asked to finish the treatment with our physician himself. I don’t know now what cdc mex centre will upload as a proof as we don’t have any letter or anything from the recommended chest physician!
When treatment is finished, you notify the doctor. Your husband will then be required to undergo further tests to prove the treatment was successful.

DIY4CANADA

Apr 6, 2017
Thank you for answering my queries. Can you please tell me if post August 2018 when my husband has completed his treatment, will I be required to provide a fresh employers letter. The employers letter which i have prsently submitted to cic is dated December, 2017. I understand that my bank statements and pcc has to be applied for again. but I am not sure if my employer would be keen on giving me another letter. getting the first one itself was a huge task. please advise.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for answering my queries. Can you please tell me if post August 2018 when my husband has completed his treatment, will I be required to provide a fresh employers letter. The employers letter which i have prsently submitted to cic is dated December, 2017. I understand that my bank statements and pcc has to be applied for again. but I am not sure if my employer would be keen on giving me another letter. getting the first one itself was a huge task. please advise.
I don't know.