+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Active TB

Apr 16, 2018
Hi,
I had pneumonia/TB some 10 years ago. Off late have applied for Work permit Visa for intercompany transfer (ICT) on 22nd March, 2018
My upfront medical on 10th March 2018 shows some scars on my lungs. Docs referred for Smear/Sputum culture. It was completed on 31st March 2018. The Lab also submitted my 2 weeks results which shows negative. Have to do my Xrays by 10th June 2018 (3 months form the initial xray)
Can someone help me whether ICT visa processing will be definitely delayed till the 2nd Xray on 10th June or they will be processing based on the
-ve culture report.

Regards

mfang

May 4, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
AOR Received.
18-10-2017
Hi,
I had pneumonia/TB some 10 years ago. Off late have applied for Work permit Visa for intercompany transfer (ICT) on 22nd March, 2018
My upfront medical on 10th March 2018 shows some scars on my lungs. Docs referred for Smear/Sputum culture. It was completed on 31st March 2018. The Lab also submitted my 2 weeks results which shows negative. Have to do my Xrays by 10th June 2018 (3 months form the initial xray)
Can someone help me whether ICT visa processing will be definitely delayed till the 2nd Xray on 10th June or they will be processing based on the
-ve culture report.

Regards

Hello Mohd,

I think they will approve the visa until the 2nd Xray shows a negative result. Good luck! Hope you will get visa soon.

Cheers,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
-ve culture report.

Regards
It will be delayed until the results of the second x-ray.

Apr 16, 2018
Thanks for the reply. So post the 2nd x-ray have to wait another 10 weeks for the visa processing..
ICT visa processing turn around time is apprx 10 weeks.

Nacholover

Aug 16, 2018
I was detected with Non Respiratory TB ( Extra-pulmonary (EP) )- Non contagious - Plueral effusion in April I am currently in the 4th month of my 6 month course of AKT (TB treatment meds)

I am waiting to apply for my PR. I was already in my doc evaluation stage when I was detected. When should I apply for PR (My score is higher than the cut off). So If I get a call while on the medicines is that ok?

While doing the medical if I am on the treatment will it be a problem ? Should I wait to complete the treatment and then immediately apply?Or do I have to wait longer?

Since I have recently had the infection will that affect my PR?

Sosu1

Oct 14, 2018
Hi,
-ve culture report.

Regards
Did you tell you physician regarding your post medical condition during check up ?

Sosu1

Oct 14, 2018
Hi all,
I'm planning to come to canada on student visa for post graduation course.
3 years back i was detected with active TB for which i took 6 month of complete medication through DOTS in India and i was completely cured.
Now i need to appear on CIC medical test. Do i need to tell my doctor about the condition of TB i had ? And how long will processing extend after this ?

Vostro20

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Category........
Hello Mohd,

I think they will approve the visa until the 2nd Xray shows a negative result. Good luck! Hope you will get visa soon.

Cheers,
Hello,

Is there anyone here has the same situation? Please reply.

thank you,

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

Good day, how are you? I’m also same scenario during my medical process on my application. Could you please share with us what happen after your medication. Did you also recieved PPR after 1 week of you medication? Hoping for your response. Thank you.

Shreeya_K

Jun 15, 2018
Hello All, my husband and I applied. My medical cleared on 13 July 2018 and my husband's medical was eventually cleared on 16 October 2018 as he had to undergo TB test/CT Scan. Will his medical results be valid for 12 months too i.e. October or they will expire earlier as mine will last till July 2019? The reason I ask is because we may not be able to travel in July and dont the hassle of him having to undergo same tests again.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello All, my husband and I applied. My medical cleared on 13 July 2018 and my husband's medical was eventually cleared on 16 October 2018 as he had to undergo TB test/CT Scan. Will his medical results be valid for 12 months too i.e. October or they will expire earlier as mine will last till July 2019? The reason I ask is because we may not be able to travel in July and dont the hassle of him having to undergo same tests again.
Hi

Your COPRs will likely only be valid until the date of your medical in July.

Shreeya_K

Jun 15, 2018
My husband and I are expecting and my due date is early May 2019. We intend to inform CPC today itself and when baby arrives inform them again to upload relevant documents. Considering these timelines are cutting close to 13 July 2019 when my medicals expire, I am certain that I may be asked to undergo medicals again. Would my husband have to undergo his too considering his medicals were cleared only on 16 Oct 2018?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My husband and I are expecting and my due date is early May 2019. We intend to inform CPC today itself and when baby arrives inform them again to upload relevant documents. Considering these timelines are cutting close to 13 July 2019 when my medicals expire, I am certain that I may be asked to undergo medicals again. Would my husband have to undergo his too considering his medicals were cleared only on 16 Oct 2018?
You don't need to update IRCC about your pregnancy. Once the baby is born, you will need to add the child to your app. At that point, you will either be requested to do a new medical or your current medical will be extended. Your husband may or may not have to do another one as well.