+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Acquiring ID Cards and Proof of Status

Earth2Mars

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Hi.

I'm have a PR status in Canada but under appeal due to RO.
I came into the country through US land border into BC.

I have my IMM1000, Receipt of Appeal Notice Letter from IAD, my SIN Confirmation letter from Service Canada, my passport with border stamp, and I applied for a PR Card a week ago.

I need to get my BC ID, BC Services, and Driver license to have a form of ID on me.
ICBC desk told me that I needed a primary ID to prove my status.

The bank requires proof of status and proof of address as well. The bank also said a confirmation of PR Card application with PR number and barcode can be enough for now.

So, how is it possible to get something that proves my PR status while I wait on the PR Card (appeal letter should prove that I still have PR status but they aren't going to be discussing that I guess).

How do I get BCID and BC Services card ?
Are these two the same, and Health card, or different cards,?

Reactions: fmk8890

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should be fine if you have IMM 1000. Didn't you show that to ICBC?

Earth2Mars

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
You should be fine if you have IMM 1000. Didn't you show that to ICBC?
She wouldn't even look at it.
I didn't persist on it but I guess I will do that again.

Is there a way to produce another document that has some sort of details for PR status?

Earth2Mars

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
I went again and presented my IMM1000, Service Canada letter confirming my SIN Number of a PR (starts with 1), and my appeal letter acknowledging my PR status due to appeal case.

They didn't accept those.

Is there a way to get some sort of a PR confirmation from the government to use?

Earth2Mars

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Is it possible for IRCC to produce a letter confirming that I indeed submitted an application for a PR Card with my PR ID Number / bar code? I was told by ICBC that I could use that to proceed. They need some sort of a confirmation that I am indeed PR.