+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Acknowledgment of receipt (PR) - Quebec skilled workers

alex996

Dec 25, 2016
Has anyone had trouble receiving the acknowledgement of receipt for their Permanent Residence application in Quebec? I applied in mid-June and haven't received any confirmation yet in more than 2 months. Moreover, I tried to update my address online because I moved out, and their system can't identify my file based on my info. I can't even link my application online for the same reason.

Anyone in a similar situation? How long does it take for the acknowledgement to arrive?

Thanks

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Has anyone had trouble receiving the acknowledgement of receipt for their Permanent Residence application in Quebec? I applied in mid-June and haven't received any confirmation yet in more than 2 months. Moreover, I tried to update my address online because I moved out, and their system can't identify my file based on my info. I can't even link my application online for the same reason.

Anyone in a similar situation? How long does it take for the acknowledgement to arrive?

Thanks
It's normal usually takes anywhere from 90-120 days ...

alex996

Dec 25, 2016
Unbelievable. Imagine you moved out to a different province. What would you do? Go back to your old address every week just to find that nothing arrived in several months? And worse, you can't check it online.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014

alex996

Dec 25, 2016
They say a letter would be sent for AOR, so I assume they meant snail mail. And I tried that trick (as described in post #1), but the system doesn't accept my info. It's just weird that it takes so long for them to start processing, and you end up worrying if your documents have actually reached their office...