+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Acknowledgment for Open Work Permit Application under SCLPC Application?

nocatix

Nov 10, 2015
Hey guys,

It has been around 4 months since I applied for PR under the SCLPC class and I submitted my OWP application at the same time. I received my AOR for the application but did not receive an acknowledgment letter for my OWP application. Do they send out letters for that? How do I know whether they even accepted my OWP application?

Furthermore, I cannot link my paper application to my account. I have been trying weekly for the last couple of months but I cannot link it for some reason. Did this happen to anybody else?

Thanks!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
nocatix said:
Hey guys,

It has been around 4 months since I applied for PR under the SCLPC class and I submitted my OWP application at the same time. I received my AOR for the application but did not receive an acknowledgment letter for my OWP application. Do they send out letters for that? How do I know whether they even accepted my OWP application?
I don't believe they send AORs about the OWP and most people know they have been approved for it when it arrives in the mail. You can try calling the CIC call center and ask if they can see it's status.

nocatix said:
Furthermore, I cannot link my paper application to my account. I have been trying weekly for the last couple of months but I cannot link it for some reason. Did this happen to anybody else?

Thanks!
yes, this is quite common. you just have to keep trying.

PGR

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
Did you put in your passport information when you were linking your application? I was having a hard time linking my application but I left the passport information blank and it worked.