+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Acknowledgement of Receipt - IRCC London

bdayem

Dec 3, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Hoping someone would be able to help on this. I am sponsoring my spouse under the Family Class Sponsorship. The IRCC in Sydney, Nova Scotia has confirmed receipt of the application in April 2020 and it has been processing since then. We recently received the request for Biometrics and Medical Exam in December 2020. A couple months later, February 2021, we received an email that our application will be sent to the London office for further processing. We are now in May (over 12 months by now) and we have just received an email that says Acknowledgement of receipt - IRCC london. In the email it says that it will be submitted to a Case analyst to determine the eligibility of the principal applicant and then it will be passed on to an officer. It also said that applications received may take a few months until they begin processing.

My issue is that I was under the impression that after the 12 month mark and especially after the biometric and medical exam it would be close to finalizing. But based on this email, it sounds like theres still at least a few months left for processing. Can someone please help by providing an explanation? Should this email have been sent earlier before they ask for biometrics/medical exam but I have just received a late email? Please help. I have some friends that have their application approved a couple months after the biometrics and medical exam, and also have friends that submitted it 1 month before me and got approved 2 weeks ago.

Thanks in advance.
Bassam

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

Hoping someone would be able to help on this. I am sponsoring my spouse under the Family Class Sponsorship. The IRCC in Sydney, Nova Scotia has confirmed receipt of the application in April 2020 and it has been processing since then. We recently received the request for Biometrics and Medical Exam in December 2020. A couple months later, February 2021, we received an email that our application will be sent to the London office for further processing. We are now in May (over 12 months by now) and we have just received an email that says Acknowledgement of receipt - IRCC london. In the email it says that it will be submitted to a Case analyst to determine the eligibility of the principal applicant and then it will be passed on to an officer. It also said that applications received may take a few months until they begin processing.

My issue is that I was under the impression that after the 12 month mark and especially after the biometric and medical exam it would be close to finalizing. But based on this email, it sounds like theres still at least a few months left for processing. Can someone please help by providing an explanation? Should this email have been sent earlier before they ask for biometrics/medical exam but I have just received a late email? Please help. I have some friends that have their application approved a couple months after the biometrics and medical exam, and also have friends that submitted it 1 month before me and got approved 2 weeks ago.

Thanks in advance.
Bassam
The 12 month processing time was pre-COVID and was never guaranteed (more of an estimate). Unfortunately many applications are taking longer now due to COVID related delays. Yes - it's likely you have a few months to wait yet.

Reactions: bdayem