+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Acknowledgement of Receipt for Citizenship Application

ShadiiAM

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hi everyone, I’m new here and I was hoping I can get an answer for my question.
My citizenship application was received and signed for on Sept. 12 with signature. I still haven’t received my acknowledgment of receipt (AOR), is this normal? I know for a fact that my friend applied back in June and received the AOR exactly two months after mailing her application and then got the appointment for the test a month after that.
When should I expect it or how long does it usually take? Is there anyone I can contact about this? Their website is so vague and only says 12 months processing time and that I should not contact them unless the processing time has passed without being contacted by them, which makes no sense for me to wait without knowing if they are working on my application or not.
I’m applying from Montreal if that makes any difference.
Thanks in advance!

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Hi everyone, I’m new here and I was hoping I can get an answer for my question.
My citizenship application was received and signed for on Sept. 12 with signature. I still haven’t received my acknowledgment of receipt (AOR), is this normal? I know for a fact that my friend applied back in June and received the AOR exactly two months after mailing her application and then got the appointment for the test a month after that.
When should I expect it or how long does it usually take? Is there anyone I can contact about this? Their website is so vague and only says 12 months processing time and that I should not contact them unless the processing time has passed without being contacted by them, which makes no sense for me to wait without knowing if they are working on my application or not.
I’m applying from Montreal if that makes any difference.
Thanks in advance!
Check the spreadsheet. Absolutely normal to have 70-80 days to AoR. Timeline depends on the month of submission. Current submissions are acknowledged within 70-80 days. You should see yours within the coming week or 2. If not either give them a call (won't help, but you'll give them a call) or wait. If it is outrageously out of the general timeline go through your MP to seek an answer

Reactions: ShadiiAM

ShadiiAM

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Check the spreadsheet. Absolutely normal to have 70-80 days to AoR. Timeline depends on the month of submission. Current submissions are acknowledged within 70-80 days. You should see yours within the coming week or 2. If not either give them a call (won't help, but you'll give them a call) or wait. If it is outrageously out of the general timeline go through your MP to seek an answer
Thanks for your quick reply, I feel a lot better now. Fingers crossed I get it sometime soon!

snesmi

Jun 29, 2017
Where can I find the spreadsheet? It's been a while since I used the forum for the PR process and we just applied for citizenship. Thanks.