+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accumulated work experience under different NOC codes

afc1

Apr 27, 2021
Good luck. Are you eligible for EE now?
I received ITA Dec 2019 and AOR Jan 2020 - Received my GCMS notes this week and they say review is required for my work history. So I was wondering whether I had misunderstood the criteria and if I was going to get rejected... So hopefully not and it gets processed without any issues!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
ps thanks! Have you been through the FSW-O process?
No but have some background. Make sure you have your IELTS and ECA completed to submit your profile. If you are eligible, you may want to get your profile in the pool. The Canadian government has indicated they will change EE to focus on in-demand NOCs.

Reactions: afc1

rasikm11

Nov 23, 2019
Yes, you can claim 3 years work experience. There are 2 factors at play here. First is your eligibility for FSW and second is your CRS score for ITA purposes. They are basically independent from each other.
To be eligible for FSW you need to have at least 1 year of continuous work experience under your primary NOC (1122 in your case) in the last 10 years. You have almost 3 years under NOC 1122, so you comply with the work experience requirement for FSW.

For the sake of your CRS score, you can include experience gained across multiple NOCs, including your primary in the last 10 years.
This has been helpful. However, can you clarify - My current job NOC which would be the primary NOC is category A but my other experience is in category C. Can i add noc Category C experience as my secondary experience when they only recognise EE experience experience in 0 A & B?

rasikm11

Nov 23, 2019
Yes, you can claim 3 years work experience. There are 2 factors at play here. First is your eligibility for FSW and second is your CRS score for ITA purposes. They are basically independent from each other.
To be eligible for FSW you need to have at least 1 year of continuous work experience under your primary NOC (1122 in your case) in the last 10 years. You have almost 3 years under NOC 1122, so you comply with the work experience requirement for FSW.

For the sake of your CRS score, you can include experience gained across multiple NOCs, including your primary in the last 10 years.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This has been helpful. However, can you clarify - My current job NOC which would be the primary NOC is category A but my other experience is in category C. Can i add noc Category C experience as my secondary experience when they only recognise EE experience experience in 0 A & B?
No you can’t include NOC C jobs.

rasikm11

Nov 23, 2019
No you can’t include NOC C jobs.
Thanks. Just to be clear my primary category A job experience is 18 months. There have been some agents mentioning my other experience likes sales can be an add on experience. Is there any reference link to review?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks. Just to be clear my primary category A job experience is 18 months. There have been some agents mentioning my other experience likes sales can be an add on experience. Is there any reference link to review?
If NOC A, B or 0, you can include the experience.

blueinkpen

Jul 26, 2021
I received ITA Dec 2019 and AOR Jan 2020 - Received my GCMS notes this week and they say review is required for my work history. So I was wondering whether I had misunderstood the criteria and if I was going to get rejected... So hopefully not and it gets processed without any issues!
Hi! I am in the same boat as you. Nov 2020 AOR and review required on the work experience points. What's the update? I'm very nervous and wish they would clarify if my experience counts as 3 years.

afc1

Apr 27, 2021
@afc1 I have the same situation. Have they passed your eligibility?
Hi! I am in the same boat as you. Nov 2020 AOR and review required on the work experience points. What's the update? I'm very nervous and wish they would clarify if my experience counts as 3 years.
Hi both - Apologies, not very active on this forum anymore! Unfortunately no real updates or progress - I had another GCMS a few months back and was still as RR.

I spoke to an immigration consultant who advised I leave it in the background and focus on other avenues.

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful and good luck with the process!

Love29

May 6, 2022
If a person work in 2174 NOC (computer programmer) for 5 years but from last year he is working in 4021 ( as a computer lecturer) which NOC code should he choose?

HR6262

Oct 4, 2020
Hi,

I have 2 years experience in one NOC code and 7 months in another NOC and 6 months in another NOC.

Q1) Can i claim work experience for 3 years?

Q2)Also what does the primary applicant have to do which the secondary applicant doesn't have to do