+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accumulated work experience under different NOC codes

kdudin

May 9, 2019
Hi All,

I have 2 years 8 months work experience with NOC1122 at one company and 5 months of of NOC 4163 at another company. All full time (more than 30 hours) and all after graduating university. Can I claim 3 years work experience?

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
I think you can have claim for continuous work experience in a single NOC. The longer the better. You have to go with 2y8m experience, and mention it as between 2 and 3 years.

Expert views are advised. Captains, please help.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
I think you can have claim for continuous work experience in a single NOC. The longer the better. You have to go with 2y8m experience, and mention it as between 2 and 3 years.

Expert views are advised. Captains, please help.
No you can't mention the way you have stated .

As per IRCC, one must have atleast one year of continous experience in selected NOC.

In the above case,the OP has two experiences .Thhe first can be claimed as it was more than a year but the NoC 4163 was less than a year ;hence cant be claimed.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
No you can't mention the way you have stated .

As per IRCC, one must have atleast one year of continous experience in selected NOC.

In the above case,the OP has two experiences .Thhe first can be claimed as it was more than a year but the NoC 4163 was less than a year ;hence cant be claimed.
Thanks for clarifying.
This means that the applicant can go for any number of NOCs if, and only if, they have over a year of experience in them all.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Yes ,

You will need to identify the “NOC code” for each job that you want to include in your Express Entry profile

This is the line from cic website .

So the above statement of atleast one year is applicable for each NoC you select.

eiden03

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Hi All,

I have 2 years 8 months work experience with NOC1122 at one company and 5 months of of NOC 4163 at another company. All full time (more than 30 hours) and all after graduating university. Can I claim 3 years work experience?

Yes, you can claim 3 years work experience. There are 2 factors at play here. First is your eligibility for FSW and second is your CRS score for ITA purposes. They are basically independent from each other.
To be eligible for FSW you need to have at least 1 year of continuous work experience under your primary NOC (1122 in your case) in the last 10 years. You have almost 3 years under NOC 1122, so you comply with the work experience requirement for FSW.

For the sake of your CRS score, you can include experience gained across multiple NOCs, including your primary in the last 10 years.

Reactions: auzair

kdudin

May 9, 2019
Yes, you can claim 3 years work experience. There are 2 factors at play here. First is your eligibility for FSW and second is your CRS score for ITA purposes. They are basically independent from each other.
To be eligible for FSW you need to have at least 1 year of continuous work experience under your primary NOC (1122 in your case) in the last 10 years. You have almost 3 years under NOC 1122, so you comply with the work experience requirement for FSW.

For the sake of your CRS score, you can include experience gained across multiple NOCs, including your primary in the last 10 years.
Yes that's what I thought. I believe some people misunderstood the one year requirement for the NOC, The one year rule applies to what you list as the primary occupation so if I choose 1122 as my primary occupation it should satisfy that requirement. What I was trying to ascertain here is the fact that anything less than one year is accepted as long as you have a 1 year minimum in a single continuous occupation.

Thanks guys, if anyone has proof otherwise please let me know, I'd appreciate any help!

Reactions: Kahl Lee

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
Hey, what happened in the end? Were you able to claim 3 years?

I have 1 years 10 months in one NOC and 6 months in another NOC preceding that so wondering if I can claim 2 years of work experience for FSW.

What I was trying to ascertain here is the fact that anything less than one year is accepted as long as you have a 1 year minimum in a single continuous occupation.
This is what I currently am under the impression of.

afc1

Apr 27, 2021
Hey, what happened in the end? Were you able to claim 3 years?

I have 1 years 10 months in one NOC and 6 months in another NOC preceding that so wondering if I can claim 2 years of work experience for FSW.

This is what I currently am under the impression of.
Hi! Do you have any extra info about what you did here?

I have 2 years 5 months in one NOC and 7 months in another, does this count as 2 years or 3 years for FSW?

Thanks in advance! :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Oh great! Does the 12 month continuous just apply for your primary NOC then? I thought maybe the 7 months won't count as it's not a full 12 months?
You need one year continuous experience to be eligible and that will be your primary NOC. Any work experience after that counts.

Reactions: afc1