+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accredited fingerprint agencies in Montreal

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Could anyone help me find/confirm some accredited fingerprint agencies in Montreal for the citizenship application? I did a google search and found some claiming they are, but I am not sure if it's true or not.

Thanks in advance

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Could anyone help me find/confirm some accredited fingerprint agencies in Montreal for the citizenship application? I did a google search and found some claiming they are, but I am not sure if it's true or not.

Thanks in advance
Safran mophos in Montreal
XL ID solution in St Laurent

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
They can also be taken by the police (SPVM) directly. This is probably faster and cheaper.
https://spvm.qc.ca/en/Fiches/Details/Background-Checks
I don't need a background check now. It's for my citizenship application (if they ask), and I ask because I will probably be outside Canada during my application processing's time. If the police take them, then they would need a file number which I don't have because I haven't applied yet, and no one requested them. I needed a company to contact them and see what I can do in case I am outside, and how to communicate with them while outside. See this thread.

Gibe

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
I don't need a background check now. It's for my citizenship application (if they ask), and I ask because I will probably be outside Canada during my application processing's time. If the police take them, then they would need a file number which I don't have because I haven't applied yet, and no one requested them. I needed a company to contact them and see what I can do in case I am outside, and how to communicate with them while outside. See this thread.
Ok I get it. You can check with the National Pardon Centre, they can do it from abroad.

Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
After some search, I found a form called C216 C which is a standardized form used by RCMP for the ink-rolled fingerprints. Would the local police accept using it, or they would have their own forms, in which case I am not sure if it complies to the conditions to make an electronic copy?

Last edited:

Gibe

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
After some search, I found a form called C216 C which is a standardized form used by RCMP for the ink-rolled fingerprints. Would the local police accept using it, or they would have their own forms, in which case I am not sure if it complies to the conditions to make an electronic copy?
I don't think the police would accept them. And RCMP don't accept ink-rolled finger prints any more, they need to be digitalized first. That's what a finger print company can do.

So as I said, I would suggest that you contact a finger print company. If you are still in Canada, they can probably take your fingerprints, keep them and then send them to IRCC when requested. Or maybe give you an ink-rolled version that you can give them back for digitalization when asked.

If you are already abroad then you will need to have your fingerprints taken by ink, then send them to the fingerprint company for digitalization.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I know. I wanted to do the ink-rolled to send it to a company to make an electronic copy. I am still in Canada. I will contact a company and check with them if I can take the ink-rolled fingerprints now and digitilize it later. Thanks