Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
I sent an email to CHC accra enquiring about the status of my application submitted in april 06. The AOR had stated that i should do so if I do not get any instructions after 18 months. It was eighteen months in December and I made the enquiry. The response was my application is in a queue for screening to determine if an interview will be required. They said they are currently reviewing applications before June 2002 and they have about 2500 files outstanding which comes to about 7000 applicants (principal + dependants). They also said they only have the capacity to review 1200 persons (principal + dependants) in a year. The implication of this is that it will take them 5.8 years to review the cases they have outstanding. Eventhough they mentioned that they are doing everything possible to speed up the applications but what is implied, to my mind, is that it cant be earlier than 6 years on the average. Just to keep you informed.

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
Jesus! MOT, maybe by the .

time this visa comes through one would be celebrating 50th birthday

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mot,
This is quite great and as we have always been saying on this forum, one needs a lot of patience to deal with this pple. Processing time keeps increasing on a monthly basis and some CHC are doing it faster. I wonder what is going on in Accra.
Let us just be cool and take our mind off it for a while, save more money and be focused.

Thanks for sharing with us on this forum and thanks for the analysis we can begin to think and calculate along this path.

Oloye

soj

Feb 23, 2007
mot,i totally agree with oloye,u need to be patient.a friend x i apllied around the same time,my visa has been approved but the guy has not been contacted by the embassy once.all u need now is to be focussed.make all the money u can cos u will need alot of money.cheers

abeni_okin

Star Member
Sep 28, 2007
mot,
thanks for the informaton. that give me confidence now that its not that they dont like my face but they are just slow.
patience is the answer to this immigration process so lets al go and take a cupfull of patience. e je ka lo bu omi suru mu

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
Hi Guys,

Another thing that delays application is when the forms are not properly filled or full of mistakes or errors they just throw it aside and get the next one on queue.

It is natural, you have 2000 cases to treat and one is slowing you down, what do you do? Of course you push that aside and go on.

Soj - Your friend that is waiting since 2001 probably the forms are wrongly filled or full of errors.

Except God's grace is with you I still believe engaging the services of a lawyer is the best (if you don't mind the fees), I might be wrong but I hope I am not!

nimi

Sep 27, 2007
yemkik said:
Hi Guys,

Another thing that delays application is when the forms are not properly filled or full of mistakes or errors they just throw it aside and get the next one on queue.

It is natural, you have 2000 cases to treat and one is slowing you down, what do you do? Of course you push that aside and go on.

Soj - Your friend that is waiting since 2001 probably the forms are wrongly filled or full of errors.

Except God's grace is with you I still believe engaging the services of a lawyer is the best (if you don't mind the fees), I might be wrong but I hope I am not!
I do not agree that the employing the services of a lawyer is the case with accra. the back logs is one and i also think the african thing is also there.
I have a friend who applied at another CHC. He got his AOR within 2 months and can u believe they sent it to him with an error in his name, he called i to complain and they said they were going to review it. I think he made d mistake...........his name was wrongly filled out somewhere in the form.
He got back a fresh letter with the AOR and the correct name under 4months.

Now tell me, can this happen in accra. I think the backlog & slowness in accra is a peculiar case.
The services of the lawyer doesn't make any difference ..............if one can take the pain and follow the instructions to the letter.

I wish everyone of us all the very best and speed too.

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
Nimi,

You got me wrong.
Check out the timelines.........the longest are the African, Asian and eastern European countries or what you will call third world countries who are eager to emigrate than the people in the developed countries. Timelines are shorter in Europe/US/Australia where the volume of application is fewer. Don't ask me where, your guess is as good as mine

If I am the immigration officer and I have 20 cases to treat and one made a mistake somewhere I might call the person or worse still push the application through than having 2000 applications and I have like 5 having errors in the forms, I will quickly shove those ones aside and move on.

You are right, lawyers don't shorten your timeline but they don't lenghten it either!

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My pple, Accra will continue to be slow as they are working with target. Canada has certain number of immigrant that they ca accomodate in a year and Accra has to work with certain quota given to it. I guess that , even if they double their staff strength, it will still be delay galore.
We are still hopeful.

Oloye

fathertee

Star Member
May 25, 2006
Hello Guys, I think I will agree with yemkik. With a lawyer you do not need to think of your forms not attended to becos of errors in filling it. Don't get me wrong if you think of the price you pay for this service, you might have a second thought. But if you can afford it, I think it is worth it.

What I will suggest to CIC Accra in order to reduce this backlog is to either send these forms to CIC Nigeria or other west African countries closer to Nigeria. I know that CIC Nigeria does not entertain Visas for permanent residency, but I feel with this problem, they should consider it, at lease to clear the backlog.

soj

Feb 23, 2007
yemkik,longtime x how are u doing.my friend used the same lawyer i used initially so i dont think they vent contacted him cos of any error.i think there is more to it.

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
Honestly, I dont think its so much about errors in completing the forms. I have a friend who applied in 2001 and got his PPR in Nov 2004 and has been in Canada ever since. He will swear to anybody that it doesnt take longer than 30 months. He even said, his took that long because of 9/11 when they did not treat any application for about a year. Honestly I dont understand.

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
Abeni,

I'd like to reiterate that you get in touch with those guys in accra and find out about your case. Dont assume they are slow. They are usually this slow when it gets to pple at the stage you are now. It might just be communication mix up. Pls take the risk. It is well!

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
Good People,

Honestly it is just prayers that will push this thing through lawyer or no lawyer.It is really confusing and contrasting attimes when you hear even with lawyers timelines are still very lengthy.

Accra is the port for English speaking West African countries (Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Gambia, Libera)
Abidjan is the port for French speaking West African countries

Now check out the disparity in the timeline:

Accra - 71 months
Abidjan - 26 months

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02a-skilled-fed.asp

Soj - Have you landed? Hope the winter is not freezing you out. God's Grace be upon you my friend.
Just pray for us remaining o.

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
yemkik said:
Good People,

Honestly it is just prayers that will push this thing through lawyer or no lawyer.It is really confusing and contrasting attimes when you hear even with lawyers timelines are still very lengthy.

Accra is the port for English speaking West African countries (Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Gambia, Libera)
Abidjan is the port for French speaking West African countries

Now check out the disparity in the timeline:

Accra - 71 months
Abidjan - 26 months

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02a-skilled-fed.asp

Soj - Have you landed? Hope the winter is not freezing you out. God's Grace be upon you my friend.
Just pray for us remaining o.
yEMKIK,

I dont think they follow this 71months period.