+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accra Applicants - Just Landed

abeni_okin

Star Member
Sep 28, 2007
tito,
thanks for that piece of information. glad to hear that you can land today and fly tomorrow. but i'll also like to know how long you can stay outside canada

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
tito said:
soj,
I am still with you and hope you make the landing this month; the weather is cold so get very good winter clothing for your baby when you get to Europe (couldn't get any from naija).
Yes, this trip is just for landing. Will need to go prepare well for the stay.

Badmus,
Thanks for the compliments, will continue to do my best.

abeni_okin,
Thanks for your prayers. Yes, you can land today and go back to naija the following day. Just there there are documentations you may want to do before leaving (like SIN #, Bank account, Driver's license and OHIP).
Tito,
How are you today and the weather up there, hope not too cold, any update

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
Dear Tito your Congratulations on your landing to your dream land the way you describe your landing its touch so many people because good people are always happy for others and really its makes me so happy during reading about your arrival , Well May Allah bless you and your family and all your dreams come true so glad to hear so tito did you receive your PR card ? because soon i am planing to move there as i got immigration too so only wants to know if in two weeks you got PR card or not yet ?
once again congratulations and Goodluck for future lots of prayers for you and your family

tito

Feb 10, 2007
abeni_okin said:
tito,
thanks for that piece of information. glad to hear that you can land today and fly tomorrow. but i'll also like to know how long you can stay outside canada
abeni,
Sorry, I am getting back this late. I got back to naija on Jan 10 and had to resume work immediately. It is a bit tiring.
The 2/5 years rule must be followed so one does not lose his PR; you can stay in naija for 3 years if you want but will have to move to Canada and stay for 2 years without leaving to satisfy this rule. Or you can be shuttling but must accummulate total of 2 years (730 days) in every 5 years prior to determination of your residency.

Hope I have answered your question?

On another note, your medical expires in April 2008? It is not likely CHC Accra will ask you to redo the medical. I would start a low level landing preparation if I were you, this is the best way to make your landing seamless (I don't mean that you should resign or sell property though). You will have little time to make plans if you receive the PR visas in February or March except if you plan to land and not come back to naija again!

This helped me a great deal when I was waiting for the PR; my medical expires in February 2008 and I got the visas on December 17 while everybody was preparing for Christmas and New Year. I returned to work on Dec 20 and was at work till Dec 27th. It was too tight for me.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
Tito,
How are you today and the weather up there, hope not too cold, any update

[/quote]

Badmus,
I am back in naija to make better plans to go back. The weather was ok, still the winter though. But the Grace of God and the joy in my heart made everything worked well with me. Even the weather celebrated our arrival and my kids didn't want to return to naija!

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
Welcome back tito.

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tito,
Welcome back. We need more gist from you. The flight, cost, and comparism (Though will be incomparable)
Once again welcome.

Oloye

tito

Feb 10, 2007
Oloye said:
Tito,
Welcome back. We need more gist from you. The flight, cost, and comparism (Though will be incomparable)
Once again welcome.

Oloye
mot, thanks.

Oloye,
I traveled with KLM (off season is cheaper at about 230K), the wait at Schipol is killing (6-7 hrs) but I prefer KLM for a couple of reasons - my air miles (just got upgraded to Elite Silver), Schipol is my best airport in Europe, I didn't have to get transit visa (as a Canadian PR), other airlines are not so friendly although they are not suppose to ask for transit visa. Lufthansa has very short transit time at Frankfurt but wont board you with a naija passport renewed with immigration stamp.
Would have used Delta to the US but didn't want to go look for transit visas for my family.
I think KLM is about the cheapest of the reliable airlines and they are pretty baby/kids friendly too.

Let me know if you have specific questions and I will try provide answer them all.

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tito,
Your response was quite good.I will like to know the fare for your kids i want this to guide a friend landing with kids soon.
Once again welcome. i share in your joy.

Oloye

abeni_okin

Star Member
Sep 28, 2007
Tito,
you are welcome back. there is no doubt that you enjoyed yourself overthere. moreso your children didnt want to come back( if na me nko, who no like better thing) i dont blame thoose lovely kids jara the know what is good. hope the temperature change is not too sharp.

thanks alot for the information that you just gave me, i really appreciate it.pls can you quote the website where i can get all these information .

i appreciate you and all my accra applicants for your encouragement, very soon we'll share the good news. pls what do you mean by low level landing preparations.

thanks alot

abni

tito

Feb 10, 2007
Oloye said:
Tito,
Your response was quite good.I will like to know the fare for your kids i want this to guide a friend landing with kids soon.
Once again welcome. i share in your joy.

Oloye
Oloye,
The kids pay 75% of adult airfare (comes down to about 190K for kids), the tax shot it up that level. The fare is for kids old enough to occupy single seat, not infants. I think infants pay 25%.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
abeni_okin said:
Tito,

thanks alot for the information that you just gave me, i really appreciate it.pls can you quote the website where i can get all these information .

i appreciate you and all my accra applicants for your encouragement, very soon we'll share the good news. pls what do you mean by low level landing preparations.

thanks alot

abni
Abeni,
There is no single website for planning your landing, information is here and there. However, simple pre-journey planning will be into focus everything that is important to be considered. For example; Airline and boarding requirements (transit visa reqd or not), are you landing to come back or to stay? Where to land and things to do in Canada (necessary except if you have a blood brother or sister to take care of you), temporary or permanent accommodation? Job/ business prospects. These are all low level preparations necessary to make life easier on landing because you start spending from day 1 (whether or not you have a job).

You get what I mean?

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tito,
I won't be wrong if i now call you a consultant but i hope you won't start to charge consultancy fee(Laugh). Still on fare, The fees you were talking about in previous posts, i guess, have to do with return ticket? Also an infant starts from what age to when and will they pay even when they are not allocated a seat? Oloye
Thanks for being detail in your replies.

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
dear Tito i asked you one question in last post that its 2 weeks you now in Canada , in two weeks did you got your PR Card ? or they didnt sent it yet ?