+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accra Applicants - Just Landed

tito

Feb 10, 2007
To the glory of God, we had a safe arrival in Canada on Sunday December 30th 2007.

We landed at the Pearson Intl Airport at exactly 1536hrs (KLM flight) and proceeded to the immigration queue. We were asked to proceed to the immigration office just behind the initial immigration kiosks; waited for about 2mins before being attended to by the officer. He asked how much I plan to bring to Canada (not how much I was having with me) and this is the amount he wrote on my document. He asked some 2 or 3 other questions (from my COPR) and asked me to sign for myself and my kids while my wife signed her copy as well. And that was all he said 'welcome to Canada'.
We proceeded to a nearby information area for new immigrants where some documents, forms (SIN, OHIP, Child Tax Benefit) and books were given to us in a bag and got another welcome to Canada.

We proceeded to the customs to process the accompanying goods and goods to follow list; also submitted the E677 (currency declaration form). The whole exercise took less than 10mins and we got the final welcome to Canada.

We left for the arrival area where our host was waiting.

I feel more relaxed here than most countries I have visited and have been around many places in so short a time and despite the snow. The snow makes it more beautiful and my kids have been having fun.
The Canadians I have met are quite friendly and willing to help too. We just love it here and I feel fulfilled that it has been a good decision.

We will leave soon to go make better arrangements for the relocation, the target for now has been met.

eannoh

Sep 6, 2006
Congratulations Tito!.
I just like the spirit, No time wasting!
Just as you have been blessed with this success, so shall all your dreams be fulfilled.
Remain blessed and keep encouraging us.
Happy New Year!

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
Tito
Congratulations to you and your family, May God almighty bless abundantly with the decision to relocate, Our own shall come soon too

I dont know if you have earlier given your process period i.e brief history of your process.

Once again Coinngrat

gurdeep

Star Member
Sep 25, 2007
Hi tito,

Congratulation to you and your family on safe landing.
Wish you a Bright future in Canada
Wish you Happy and Prosperous New Year...

God Bless.

Gurdeep

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
Congratulations, Tito. May Canada be a land flowing with Milk and Honey for you and may God grant you insight into how to prosper in that land. See you soon, hopefully.

A-square

Jan 24, 2007
Hi Tito,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

I am very happy for your family on this important milestone.

Wishing you all the best in Canada

regards
A-square

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
Tito,

IF YOU DO IT RIGHT, GOD WILL BLESS IT RIGHT, this has has been the case with you

Wishing you all the best of God's grace in Canada
Congrats once again
Cheers my brother.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
Thank you all for your good words and prayers. I have gained a lot from this forum and believe I need to give back in any way possible. All of the information I have gotten from here has been very useful on landing here.

The weather was chilly this morning but could not stop me! It's been fun all the way.

We went to the Govt office at Beresford to apply for the Social Insurance Number, got the number but cards will be mailed later. This took less than 20mins.
Proceeded to TDBank to open a checking account, got 2 ATM cards (for self and wife), applied for secured credit card with $1000 limit (not a bad start, it's the best we could get to start building credit). Will be applying for OHIP later on my next return.

My prayers are with those waiting, God will grant you favor and hasten the process for your sake.

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is nice reading about your landing. Congratulations and i wish you the best of luck in Canada. Your narrations were quite interesting keep it up

soj

Feb 23, 2007
Tito,thanks be to God for journey mercies.if i read ur message very well,u intend to come to naija for some few more months.if that is the case,i think we are both thinking the same way.my wife,baby x i will travel as soon as we pick up our visas in january x also get all the necessary things x come back to naija cos we ve a project that is at the initial stage x it will take at least three months to complete.once i wish a very prosperous life in canada x new year.cheers

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
Oloye said:
It is nice reading about your landing. Congratulations and i wish you the best of luck in Canada. Your narrations were quite interesting keep it up
Love the explanatory description of happenings in Canada, Tito you are good narrator, infact am feeling like in Canada, I tell you what this experience of your is helping us real good. Please dont stop giving us the details.

i beg greet madam and the children

Stay well and God bless

abeni_okin

Star Member
Sep 28, 2007
tito,
i congratulate you. this is a good way to start the new year. i pray that land will be a blessed land or you and your family. pls i didnt get you and soj right. is it posssible to come back to nija after your landing in canada? if it is possible, how soon can you come to nija after landing and how long can you stay there before coming back.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
soj,
I am still with you and hope you make the landing this month; the weather is cold so get very good winter clothing for your baby when you get to Europe (couldn't get any from naija).
Yes, this trip is just for landing. Will need to go prepare well for the stay.

Badmus,
Thanks for the compliments, will continue to do my best.

abeni_okin,
Thanks for your prayers. Yes, you can land today and go back to naija the following day. Just there there are documentations you may want to do before leaving (like SIN #, Bank account, Driver's license and OHIP).