+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

accra applicants i got my ppr today

soj

Feb 23, 2007
hai accra guys,
I got a mail from accra asking me to come in person for my visa withing the next 60 days.i have another issue,my wife is going to put to bed our first baby.what should i do now.oloye,yemkik,abeni,farthertee xthe rest am waiting for ur advise.soj

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
Soj,

Double congratulatulations my brother I hope I am the first in this forum to congratulate you. Hope mother and child are doing great!
I told you that you are inches away from landing in Canada.

A couple of things to do though, You need to notify Accra immediately informing them on the new addition, this is very very important, you might need to fill one of those forms again (can't remember which one now), the one that says additional family information or something and you also need to take a picture of the baby (you have enough time for the baby to be at least 2 months for that) because you need to stick the picture of the baby on that form.

But first thing first notify CIC Accra about the new born baby let's start from there.

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
SOJ,

Sorry for my rush rush reply...............I thought I read my wife has put to bed, I love hearing good news that's why!!
In that case just notify them still, it is important.

Cheers

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Soj,
Infact Yemkik beat me to it i would have loved to be the first person to say congrats on the PPR. Nevertheless, we are all one big family and i share in the way Yemkik quickly jumped into congratulating you for the expecting baby.
On the expected bundle of joy,get Accra notified immidiately through e-mail, definitely there will not be any problem because they themselves recognise that such do happen. You will also definitely pay the processing fee of $150 for the baby, Also they may require the baby to go through medical (If delivered before travelling). My friend that had landed in Canada deliberately delayed PPR because his wife was due then and he passed through these processes.
Get across through phone to me we shall talk better. Once again CONGRATULATIONS on both sides.

Oloye

fathertee

Star Member
May 25, 2006
BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS CONGRATS, we go wash am o. In fact Glory be to God. I told you to be patient and prayerful, at last it has come. We praise the name of the Lord and pray that even when you get there things will go smoothly for you. But please don't forget us here, still maintain this forum and continue to share your experience over there with us.

As regards the coming of the new baby, yemkik has already told you what to to do. I will suggest that you immediately notify Accra.

Once again i congratulate you.

nimi

Sep 27, 2007
soj said:
hai accra guys,
I got a mail from accra asking me to come in person for my visa withing the next 60 days.i have another issue,my wife is going to put to bed our first baby.what should i do now.oloye,yemkik,abeni,farthertee xthe rest am waiting for ur advise.soj
Congrats soj. Thats gud news, after hw many years of waiting. Thank God for you oh.
I have a few questions for you that migth assist with weather u shold inform accra abt yr wife/not?
1)When is your wife due to put to bed?
2)When did u have yr medicals? Was she pregnant when u had yr medicals?
3) since they said u should come in person in the next 60 days, is there a clause that u will be able to receive
yr visa on a specific date/frame of time

It will be good to know yr answers to these questions;so i migth be able to provide further guidance.

Congrats again soj.

All my naija people, yr own soon go come asap by the special grace of God.

soj

Feb 23, 2007
hai yemkik,fathertee,oloye,nimi
Thanks for the reply,am really happy i have my naija people at my back. my wife's due date is two wks before or after oct 23. she got pregnant before the medicals but we didnt know.it was after we knew that she was pregnant be4 the medicals.i had my medicals on feb17.the embassy said the visa will be issued the same day.i think i should nortify the embassy.thanks guys

soj

Feb 23, 2007
oloye,
I may not be able to get across to u till wkend,maybe u should send the guy's experience to me on the forum.thks

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Soj,
That is good. Let us know how far so that we too will be guided rightly.
The Lord is your strength. Also confirm what date they usually issue immigrant visa in Accra i guess it is only on Mondays so i was told by my friend that has landed now. Just confirm in case.......

Oloye

nimi

Sep 27, 2007
soj said:
hai yemkik,fathertee,oloye,nimi
Thanks for the reply,am really happy i have my naija people at my back. my wife's due date is two wks before or after oct 23. she got pregnant before the medicals but we didnt know.it was after we knew that she was pregnant be4 the medicals.i had my medicals on feb17.the embassy said the visa will be issued the same day.i think i should nortify the embassy.thanks guys
Congratulations Soj. Infact, there is a lot of goodnews from yr end. Please let's know when your bundle of joy arrives oh. Abi na ibeji(twins).
Anyway, it's ok that u have notified accra already; I would have asked you to wait until after the delivery. But it's ok that you are proactive.
Note that your own medicals will expire by 17th Feb 2008 and you are expected to have landed canada by then.

However, let's keep our fingers crossed hoping CIC Accra will reply you as per your e-mail and give you guidance.
But if they don't; once your wife but to bed , get the baby/babies endorsed on her passport and have their passport photograph taken according to the specifications. Then, get a draft of $150 i.e processing fee for the child/children.
This you might want to take to accra by yrself.So that you can buy time.

You just keep it in mind that you have to land in Canada on or before Feb 17, 2008.
I wish you all the best and God's speed and divine favour.

Please oh, let's know how you progress with this. Let's hve the good news of your wife's delivery too.
All the best

soj

Feb 23, 2007
thanks nimi x oloye,i will keep u updated.accra should reply my mail today or tomorrow by God's grace.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
Soj,

Congrats man, for breasting the tape after a long wait. Where is the party?

How were you notified of the ppr? By email or surface mail?

Don't bother going to Accra, wait till your baby(ies) is(are) delivered and notify them immediately by courier, filling the right forms along with the fees.
Please arrange for the international passport ASAP as each person must have his/her own passport.

Pray for the baby(ies) to land soon so you can get issued the visa before February 17, 2008.

All the best dude and don't forget to answer my question up there.

ddare05

Oct 24, 2007
INFORMATION REQUIRED

Hi folks, i'm new here and really intrested in this canadian immmigration business, i wish to apply with my family under the skilled worker category and would appreciate if any one can recommend a reliable and competent immigration lawyer that i can deal with or should i initiate the process on my own?
ddare05
Nigeria

soj

Feb 23, 2007
Dear tito,i cant get a passport for a baby but i can only get the baby's passport photograph endorsed on her mom's passport.Then what medical test would a baby take.

Dear ddare05,initially i used a nigerian immigration lawyer based in canada,he is close family friend.after two or three years,i decided to take it over cos the guy was not communicating with me.since then i ve been handling my application.i think there are a whole lot of them,you can get them on www.cic.gc.ca.