+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

accounting career looking for job in canada

sza12

Feb 4, 2018
Hi team,
am currently employed with KPMG auditors, my contract expire on early July and am told they will not extend my contract due to poor performance of the firm caused by change in economic situation, i was promoted to the managerial level immediate after graduating CPA, one of the big four firm (PWC) approached me to sign new contract with them after the end of my contract in July.

i visited Canada in 2017 during my vacation, i real love the atmosphere there and i planned to come for a master degree in finance, is there possibility if securing a good job immediately after graduating? or should i quite the idea of coming to Canada and sign new contact with PWC? am currently in Africa

any advice will be highly appreciate. thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It's such an individual situation but given your work at kpmg and pwc yes your chances are good. I would look into the various immigration programs. Things like your age factors into the ability to immigrate. Not sure about your previous education history but leaving such a good job to go back to school would require a good reason. It must make sense and lead to career advancement to be approved for a student visa. If you are at the management level you may want to explore intracompany. transfer opportunities. Not sure what country you are originally from and how old you are but IEC may be a way for you to gain Canadian employment experience/visa. Would suggest you do some more research about Canadian immigration pathways.