File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
By 2013 - CA CMA CGA will be merged to form CPA and it needs a degree in business and if you are missing some accounting courses a bridging program is offered.

samh

Jul 1, 2012
Hi all, i am planning to land in december for two three weeks, i have ten years plus senior finance manager experience with holding ACMA designation from both Icmap and Cima, would like to request opinion of seniors that is it worth to apply for cma canada now at the time of landing or at the time when i will permanantly move after couple of months. Additionally, can i apply for cga, if yes, how many papers i have to attempt or it is fully exempted for icmap/cima members. Many thanks for your advise.
p/

asadrao

Nov 8, 2010
samh said:
Hi all, i am planning to land in december for two three weeks, i have ten years plus senior finance manager experience with holding ACMA designation from both Icmap and Cima, would like to request opinion of seniors that is it worth to apply for cma canada now at the time of landing or at the time when i will permanantly move after couple of months. Additionally, can i apply for cga, if yes, how many papers i have to attempt or it is fully exempted for icmap/cima members. Many thanks for your advise.
p/
plz contact accountant to canada where exemptions may be calculated without charg

samh

Jul 1, 2012
Thanks dear. Any advise, if i have to apply for cma now or i should wait till i permanantely move. Regards

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
Except for CGA Quebec, all other provincial CGA institutes have opted out of the merger (for the time being). For anyone who is interested in the unification program of various designations in Canada, can track the progress here.

http://cpacanada.ca/

sharuu said:
By 2013 - CA CMA CGA will be merged to form CPA and it needs a degree in business and if you are missing some accounting courses a bridging program is offered.

eemmoo1

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
May2010applicant said:
Except for CGA Quebec, all other provincial CGA institutes have opted out of the merger (for the time being). For anyone who is interested in the unification program of various designations in Canada, can track the progress here.

Dear May2010,

I am planning to apply for CGA membership based on my membership with ACCA. But I am just waiting for my medical call. Will this merger effect any policies on ACCA - CGA mutual agreement? Do u have any news on this?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
May2010applicant said:

There is going to be only one designation - CPA.. In 2013, the unification will go forward. Quebec already have CPA and other provinces are already adopting the CPA unification process.

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
Well I haven’t heard anything about it yet. But for sure the problem occurred of this nature for Quebec recently and a big mess was created. Ultimately an official letter from CPA Quebec was issued clarifying misinformation circulating regarding ACCA MRA, which in my opinion effectively meant to kick out ACCAs from getting CPA Quebec…………………….. you can access the info here;

http://cpacanada.ca/blog/2012/11/02/cpa-quebec-clarifies-misinformation-circulating-regarding-acca-mra/

In my opinion, you should not wait any longer to get this process done. You never know what future may look like. Good luck.

eemmoo1 said:
Dear May2010,

I am planning to apply for CGA membership based on my membership with ACCA. But I am just waiting for my medical call. Will this merger effect any policies on ACCA - CGA mutual agreement? Do u have any news on this?

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
Agreed, but CGAs (as of now, except for Quebec as earlier mentioned) are not part of the unification process and have pulled back both at provincial and national level. Accordingly, and unlike CAs and CMAs, CGAs of Ontario or any other province will not be getting the automatic right to use the designation of CPA.

NB: 2013 CPA institute will be formed at national level, however, a ratification will still be required at each of the provincial and territory level. This is what I understand based on the information publicly available on CPA website.

sharuu said:
There is going to be only one designation - CPA.. In 2013, the unification will go forward. Quebec already have CPA and other provinces are already adopting the CPA unification process.

qshahzad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Feb 2010
IELTS Request
Already submitted with Doc request
File Transfer...
July 2010
Med's Request
25-April-2012
Med's Done....
06-May-2012 (delivered on May 17, 12)
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
03-October-2012 (Dec made on Nov 7, 12)
VISA ISSUED...
November 21, 2012
LANDED..........
March 05, 2013
Dear Friends,

Is there anyone with experience of getting credential assessment in Ontario? I think doing all of that will definitely help us accountants specially since our profession is regulated and there is a paid internship program at the end of the career bridging.

God bless,