+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Account opening in Scotiabank

amanpreet005

May 22, 2013
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please tell hoe to open an account in scotiabank for GIC.. and in how many days do we recieve our account details.?

amanpreet005

May 22, 2013
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is it one under student category?
and what is the address we need to enter in the web form? because it accepts only canadian address..

faridshariff

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
all info is provided on banks website above...read all info in detail..also read application guide..

Scotiabank will open a GIC for a 1 year term and email you the GIC account number within 10 business days, along with other remittance details, which will allow for a wire transfer of funds from India.
You can then wire transfer $10,000 CAD (plus $100 CAD to cover administration fees etc.) to open a GIC.
Upon arrival in Canada, you'll be required to visit a Scotiabank branch to activate the GIC and open a deposit account. Once the account is opened, an initial amount of $2,000 CAD will be transferred to your deposit account. The remaining amount will be automatically transferred in four (4) equal installments of $2,000 CAD every two months.

amanpreet005

May 22, 2013
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no my doubt is that befor GIC account do we need to open a student account as well or directly I should apply for a GIC account?

faridshariff

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
did u try to follow the steps at the website?
on wbesite it says buy GIC first..open a/c after reaching in canada

Revartio

Mar 6, 2013
In the application guide it was mentioned that the documents should be placed in the following order,

Scan all documents in ONE SINGLE PDF File, in the following order:
I. Signed copy of the Scotiabank Student GIC Program Application Form.
II. Copy of passport pages (photograph page and the last page with signature)
III. Copy of acceptance letter from a Canadian educational institution
All copies MUST be signed by the student

Is it mandatory to place them in the same order. I placed in the following order I,III,II ... :(
Also in the subject line should we give our name ,passport number and DOB ?