+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

according to a famous immigration consultant...

sweethina99

Mar 11, 2008
hi there,

I am from Pakistan and this is my first post to the forum.
I am planning to apply for PG diploma in global business managment at humber college this month for winter intake .I have done masters in economics from university of karachi.
A very famous immigration consultant told me today that if i am going to apply the student visa with my husband at the same time then they ll reject it and he should apply atleast after 6 months of me reaching to canada.

Is this true or what should be the points to remember to convince the VO to grant me n my hubby the student visa/dependent visa.

DO u know any such ppl who have applied in such a way n got successful?
I am very muc confused ..please guide me..
thanx alot friends

Jabir S M

Star Member
May 3, 2011
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding study permit application, the crucial point in your case is that you have already got Master degree from uni and now you are looking for diploma which is very low level course, the VO straight forward think that you are going for permanent stay in canada not for studying which is the rejection path. So look higher degree course in the uni and do not try to rush.

If your husband is working in the company then it is very strong point to show home ties in the application. VO would has no right to refuse your case. If this is not the scenario then your husband can only apply after you are fully settled there so that he may fall into family class category.

It might help you

fahad83

Oct 12, 2010
@Jabir i think she is applying for post graduate diploma, A postgraduate diploma is a a postgraduate qualification awarded typically after a bachelor's degree, A postgraduate diploma indicates Masters-level studies.
In Canada, a postgraduate certificate program consists of two to three semesters, which can be completed in less than one year. A Bachelor degree or a diploma is required to be accepted in this type of program. It offers the advantage of not requiring to write a thesis and to focus on a concise subject. It is recommended for students wishing to enhance their professional skills as it concentrates on a more practical application in order to enter the labour market.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
sweethina99 said:
hi there,

I am planning to apply for PG diploma in global business managment at humber college this month for winter intake .I have done masters in economics from university of karachi.
A very famous immigration consultant told me today that if i am going to apply the student visa with my husband at the same time then they ll reject it and he should apply atleast after 6 months of me reaching to canada.

Is this true or what should be the points to remember to convince the VO to grant me n my hubby the student visa/dependent visa.

thanx alot friends
Well I don't know on what basis the very famous immigration consultant said such thing but I can assure you that the information is totally wrong. As long as you have solid proof of country tie like properties, leave from job, leaving behind parents, future plans, etc. the VO will not reject your application whether you are going there with your spouse.

But there is a possibility of getting rejected for the change of study line. You have completed master of economics and now you are applying for PGD to global business management so if you don't present your reason very well in the study plan, then they might reject it.

What I suggest is, instead of going to the consultants, try to do your own homeworks and find things out yourself; that's a much better option.

abrar2007

Star Member
May 28, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2011
Med's Request
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
24-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
LANDED..........
13-08-2011
sweethina99 said:
hi there,

thanx alot friends
i believe that the consultant examined all your papers. there could be few reasons that the CONSULTANT said that.

1. how much fund you are showing? if you both apply at the same time, you need to show extra funds. if the funds are not appropriate then it might be a cause
2. this might put a doubt why would move to canada with family.....you have to show strong reasons for......why would your husband accompany you?
3. i dont think VO officers consider parents as strong tie options these days,,,if you or your husband dont have jobs in Local country or properties then it might hard to make VO believe that you will come back to your country.
4.but surely it'll increase the chance of getting Student visa for you and spouse visa for your husband if you apply separately...

i think you'll be able to convince VO that global business management will add additional value to your career or will open new opportunities at your local country as global business management is a part of economics.
50/50 chance applies for all situation.....i am just suggesting

again depends on the VO.....prayer and luck will decide everything,,,

sweethina99

Mar 11, 2008
Thank you very much all

@Jabir

its actually at Post graduate diploma.As i have done 2 yrs bachelors (pass) degree n than 2 yrs masters degree from pk that is why the canadian system will consider me still the 4 yr bachelors..that it why i am persuing that PG diploma..

secondly my husband is doing job in bank here n can take a leave of one year, he has land n property on his name aswell, he is the only son of his parents. i cant apply without him coz that will make too hard for me to survive in canada without him doing job. and most of all i have a 2.5 yr daughter as well so she cant be left behind too.

@fahad 83

you are absolutely right

@rhasan

my degree in economics is related to global business managment otherwise i have other option too of applying to thompson river university in post baccalaureate diploma in finance...that matches my field entirely aswell.as far as the consultant is concerned ,he said that it is by law that the spouse can accompany you but the VO r not fools n they can easily see that ur intensions are not to come back thats why you r taking your roots(husband and daughter ) along with you.

@ abrar2007
your concerns are answered above.and funds are not an issue with me .

sorry for the long post ...help is appreciated...

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
sweethina99 said:
Thank you very much all

@ Jabir

its actually at Post graduate diploma.As i have done 2 yrs bachelors (pass) degree n than 2 yrs masters degree from pk that is why the canadian system will consider me still the 4 yr bachelors..that it why i am persuing that PG diploma..

secondly my husband is doing job in bank here n can take a leave of one year, he has land n property on his name aswell, he is the only son of his parents. i cant apply without him coz that will make too hard for me to survive in canada without him doing job. and most of all i have a 2.5 yr daughter as well so she cant be left behind too.

@ fahad 83

you are absolutely right

@ rhasan

my degree in economics is related to global business managment otherwise i have other option too of applying to thompson river university in post baccalaureate diploma in finance...that matches my field entirely aswell.as far as the consultant is concerned ,he said that it is by law that the spouse can accompany you but the VO r not fools n they can easily see that ur intensions are not to come back thats why you r taking your roots(husband and daughter ) along with you.

@ abrar2007
your concerns are answered above.and funds are not an issue with me .

sorry for the long post ...help is appreciated...
Well if that was the case, then people would not be able to take spouse abroad. I currently know two couples (one going to USA and another to Canada) whose applications are being processed. In fact, the couple going to Canada got their visa application already accepted and they are just waiting for their visa seal and the study permit. I guess the VO who verified their file is a fool or maybe they were much more convincing with proper documentation :p

sweethina99

Mar 11, 2008
@rhasan

a sigh of relief...

a contented answer u gave ...hmm means proper home work should be done before applying...i wll be needing more n more help from you guys in preparing my application and to be it successful.

but still a husband on student visa with his wife as a dependent is an other case whereas a wife on student visa and her husband accompanying as a dependent is an other .so why put the VO suspicious...i will need to show to my future plans too so that there remain no doubts.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
sweethina99 said:
@ rhasan

a sigh of relief...

a contented answer u gave ...hmm means proper home work should be done before applying...i wll be needing more n more help from you guys in preparing my application and to be it successful.

but still a husband on student visa with his wife as a dependent is an other case whereas a wife on student visa and her husband accompanying as a dependent is an other .so why put the VO suspicious...i will need to show to my future plans too so that there remain no doubts.
Sure, just post your queries and we will try to assists you to our best knowledge.

Well the couple going to Canada is wife following husband but the couple going to USA is the other way around. But I don't have any update regarding their visa status (they just applied few days back and on a exchange program so a bit different issue too along with the country). But the thing is, sometimes, people are too generalized and stuffs, like in this case the consultant. VOs are not bad people or anything, they just some how got the power to see the insight of the applicants! If your actual intention is just to get the degree then obviously they will understand that (as long as you give proper proof ofcourse) and give you the visa. You just need to present your documents/purpose of studies/study plan in a very convincing manner and hopefully you will get the visa no matter what. And a sabbatical works like a charm! That I can assure you.

sweethina99

Mar 11, 2008
thanks for the spirit otherwise after coming back from the consultant i decided not to waste money and time with this thingy.

now i will start some hard work

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
sweethina99 said:
thanks for the spirit otherwise after coming back from the consultant i decided not to waste money and time with this thingy.

Best of luck :D

Jabir S M

Star Member
May 3, 2011
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweethina99 said:

We are not living in the ideal world, many applications are always handled case by case. Consultants are just wastage of money and time.

1. Make it sure and clear that you mention your research or goals in your study plan very well in the SOP. The VO will focus on
that letter which is the main part of the application.

2. You have to show more funds and living expenses in the statement as you are accompanying your family to canada,
no exactly idea about that issue.

It would be a nice that you put some separate posts on the maintenance funds questions on the forum so that many other
senior members reply.

Regards

sweethina99

Mar 11, 2008
@Jabir

I am working to make the very best SOP so that all goes well.

as for the funds I am just showing fixed deposits of around 36 lacs rupees held for 5 months in my name in the account and some land in my husband's name.so dats gonaa make around 50 lacs or may be 60 in all. nothing else...

I think dat will be enough

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
sweethina99 said:
@ Jabir

I am working to make the very best SOP so that all goes well.

as for the funds I am just showing fixed deposits of around 36 lacs rupees held for 5 months in my name in the account and some land in my husband's name.so dats gonaa make around 50 lacs or may be 60 in all. nothing else...

I think dat will be enough
Yah I guess the amount of money is perfect for the application.

unlucky1

Jun 24, 2011
pregnant girl friend

went on vacation to africa. when i got back i found out g/f is pregnant . i live in canada and a canadian citizen by birth . g/f wants to move to canada to be with me and get married , i also want this to happen as well .i have known her 3 years only from internet contact only . is she going to have a problem getting a visa and what kind should she apply for ? any help would be great thnxs