+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accompanying spouse and funds

Edward.G

Aug 21, 2023
Based on what I have read in other forums, they would record the spousal change but not necessarily recalculate the qualification score. This is all to ensure your nomination certificate matches your EE profile. Again, contact the OINP office and get more information.
Mate,

To be on the safer side, it's better to NOT have the spouse accompanying, this way no CRS score recalculation can hurt you.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Mate,

If your family status change, that means you either married, divorced, or widowed...
That is really not the case.
Your family status determines your proof of funds, medical check requirement and so on.

Spouse accompanying or not is more a private matter rather than your status.
It won't affect anything besides yoru CRS score.
You still need that amount of fund no matter your spouse accompany or not.
Your spouse still need to go through medical chekc even no accompanying.
SO....
Your family plan can change any time due to the circumstance.
The spouse will undergo a medical exam even if they are non-accompanying? Are you sure?

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Mate. It’s not like you don’t understand English.
Check ircc’s website and you will see it for under express entry
I wasn't aware that we have to submit the medical and PCC even if the spouse is non-accompanying. Can you send me the page link where i can find this info? it doesn't make sense for spouse to do medical or PCC if they are not even coming to Canada. Also, my spouse did medical 6 months ago for work permit, can we reuse that medical or will have to get a new one?

Edward.G

Aug 21, 2023
I wasn't aware that we have to submit the medical and PCC even if the spouse is non-accompanying. Can you send me the page link where i can find this info? it doesn't make sense for spouse to do medical or PCC if they are not even coming to Canada. Also, my spouse did medical 6 months ago for work permit, can we reuse that medical or will have to get a new one?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
I wasn't aware that we have to submit the medical and PCC even if the spouse is non-accompanying. Can you send me the page link where I can find this info? it doesn't make sense for spouse to do medical or PCC if they are not even coming to Canada. Also, my spouse did medical 6 months ago for work permit, can we reuse that medical or will have to get a new one?
Yea it doesn't sound relevant given that they are not applying to get PR as well. But the operating assumption here is that the immediate family members/dependents would have access to the family class sponsorship. Below is your confirmation:

Medical
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=988&top=4

PCC
"The examination includes a medical examination as well as a determination if they are inadmissible for criminal or security reasons. An officer may be satisfied that a non-accompanying family member is not inadmissible for criminality or security reasons based on information presented by the applicant."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-decisions/admissibility.html

Reactions: fq786

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Yea it doesn't sound relevant given that they are not applying to get PR as well. But the operating assumption here is that the immediate family members/dependents would have access to the family class sponsorship. Below is your confirmation:

Medical
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=988&top=4

PCC
"The examination includes a medical examination as well as a determination if they are inadmissible for criminal or security reasons. An officer may be satisfied that a non-accompanying family member is not inadmissible for criminality or security reasons based on information presented by the applicant."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-decisions/admissibility.html
Thank you! that helps! Do i have to submit the medical for spouse in EE profile after ITA? My spouse did the medical 6 months ago when she applied for the work permit, can we use that medical exam or have to get a new one?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Thank you! that helps! Do i have to submit the medical for spouse in EE profile after ITA? My spouse did the medical 6 months ago when she applied for the work permit, can we use that medical exam or have to get a new one?
You can submit the old medical for your spouse.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
You can submit the old medical for your spouse.
Thank you
I did my medical around 3 years ago in Canada
Is that still valid or do i have to get a new one ? I heard there was a public policy announced for medical exam exemption

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Thank you
I did my medical around 3 years ago in Canada
Is that still valid or do i have to get a new one ? I heard there was a public policy announced for medical exam exemption
Under the exemption rule, your old medical is still valid.