+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accompanying sister

navsingh01

Aug 1, 2014
Hi, I am new to this forum, so not sure where to post my questions. I hope this is the right section.

My sister recently got her student permit to study in Canada and she is going for a graduate degree program. She would like me to accompany her so I am going to apply for a tourist visa next week. I am not sure what documents to attach to ensure I am able to go with her. She did mention that I will go with her during her application, but it was on the family info section of the visa application. Will CIC have records of that and make it easier for me? In addition, what should I attach as part of my application? Is her visa approval necessary to attach? I'm sure they already have such details in their records. What about her acceptance letter? I am not sure what to do. I will be going for a few days just to assist her to settle in the new environment.

lucifer_2510

May 27, 2014
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
Kolkata
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Medical Upfront
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
File Transfer...
01-08-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
11-07-2014
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
21-08-2014
navsingh01 said:
Hi, I am new to this forum, so not sure where to post my questions. I hope this is the right section.

My sister recently got her student permit to study in Canada and she is going for a graduate degree program. She would like me to accompany her so I am going to apply for a tourist visa next week. I am not sure what documents to attach to ensure I am able to go with her. She did mention that I will go with her during her application, but it was on the family info section of the visa application. Will CIC have records of that and make it easier for me? In addition, what should I attach as part of my application? Is her visa approval necessary to attach? I'm sure they already have such details in their records. What about her acceptance letter? I am not sure what to do. I will be going for a few days just to assist her to settle in the new environment.
i think u would get visa with her. not sure.

check this site

http://travel.gc.ca/travelling/documents/visas

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

navsingh01 said:

1. You will have to apply for a TRV (IMM 5257) & your sibling SP has nothing to do with your application, decision will be made on your own merit.

navsingh01

Aug 1, 2014
J5M said:
Hi,

1. You will have to apply for a TRV (IMM 5257) & your sibling SP has nothing to do with your application, decision will be made on your own merit.
Thank you, I will apply with my documents. Was just confirming if I need to attach any of her papers along to show that she has been accepted and I am going to assist her in settling?

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
Just attach her letter of acceptance, nothing else.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

navsingh01 said:
Thank you, I will apply with my documents. Was just confirming if I need to attach any of her papers along to show that she has been accepted and I am going to assist her in settling?

With this reason, your chances are slim to none.

navsingh01

Aug 1, 2014
J5M said:
Hi,

With this reason, your chances are slim to none.
Lol, you can at least be optimistic rather than negative or give suggestion that would be beneficial instead of posting on your negative thoughts. Thank you none the less, I see a bright future for you.