+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accompanying my spouse as a dependent who is on student visa for 1 year course

shettyd

Jun 13, 2016
Hi All,
The reason I am posting this query is to find out whether I am eligible to come to Canada and work on dependent visa accompanying my spouse who will be on student visa( 1 year course).
He has opted for a course in Canada with the duration of 1 year, mean while when he is on student visa can I still accompany him as a dependent? If yes, how soon I can travel there and also can I get a job there with a dependent visa.
Following are the details of my professional experience
Industry: Software
Nature of job: Senior Software test engineer
Total years of experience: 8 years

shettyd

Jun 13, 2016
Hi, thanks, I have looked through it, I am eligible however my doubt is that in the near future if everything goes as per the plan before any of the Canadian employer offers me a job will my duration of my visa would become a problem?? Or will they be bit hesitant to offer me job due to this

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
shettyd said:
Hi, thanks, I have looked through it, I am eligible however my doubt is that in the near future if everything goes as per the plan before any of the Canadian employer offers me a job will my duration of my visa would become a problem?? Or will they be bit hesitant to offer me job due to this
Given you would only be a temporary worker that might always be seen as a negative plus lack of Canadian experience which is always an issue plus basically forget applying for anything before you land or have a work permit to hand. IT contracting through an agency might be the way to go but others can comment.