+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accompanying family_Study permit

sanjaydp28

Jun 20, 2012
I am applying for study permit (under SPP) and willing to go with my family. Is there any requirement to apply for other visa for my dependent family members (spouse and 7 years old daughter) or they will automatically allow to come with me if I fill Application for Temporary resident visa made outside Canada form (IMM5257B).

I am also little BIT confuseD to check the box of "Type of Application" for my spouse in family information form (IMM5645E) (Visitor, Worker, or Other and what is this Other mean?)

If my wife is willing to work while I am studying, she has to apply for work permit with my student permit application or she can do it later after entering in Canada? Or she can work without any work permit while my study???

Thanks in advance for information....

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
sanjaydp28 said:
I am applying for study permit (under SPP) and willing to go with my family. Is there any requirement to apply for other visa for my dependent family members (spouse and 7 years old daughter) or they will automatically allow to come with me if I fill Application for Temporary resident visa made outside Canada form (IMM5257B).

I am also little BIT confuseD to check the box of "Type of Application" for my spouse in family information form (IMM5645E) (Visitor, Worker, or Other and what is this Other mean?)

If my wife is willing to work while I am studying, she has to apply for work permit with my student permit application or she can do it later after entering in Canada? Or she can work without any work permit while my study???

Thanks in advance for information....
1. You will submit your application for SP and in the same envelop you will have to send the filled forms for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) forms for your wife and dependent childerens.
2. You have to pay the whole fee on 1 receipt.
3. You spouse can accompany you on either TRV or she can apply for Open Work Permit (OWP)
4. If she wants to work she needs to apply for OWP, a spouse of full time student in Canada can apply for OWP.

sanjaydp28

Jun 20, 2012
Inam89 said:
1. You will submit your application for SP and in the same envelop you will have to send the filled forms for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) forms for your wife and dependent childerens.
2. You have to pay the whole fee on 1 receipt.
3. You spouse can accompany you on either TRV or she can apply for Open Work Permit (OWP)
4. If she wants to work she needs to apply for OWP, a spouse of full time student in Canada can apply for OWP.
Thanks for reply...

Actually there are two type of TRV forms, one is IMM5257B_Schedule 1(Application for a Temporary resident visa made outside Canada) which I download from Student visa forms list and another one is IMM5257E (this is for visitor visa forms which headed as Application for Temporary Resident Visa) which was in Visitor visa forms list. Both are different forms, so which one should I have to to fill?

Still confuse which box should check for "Type of Application" for my spouse in family information form (IMM5645E) (Visitor, Worker, or Other and what is this Other mean?)

I have to apply for OWP for my wife with my study permit application?

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
sanjaydp28 said:
Thanks for reply...

Actually there are two type of TRV forms, one is IMM5257B_Schedule 1(Application for a Temporary resident visa made outside Canada) which I download from Student visa forms list and another one is IMM5257E (this is for visitor visa forms which headed as Application for Temporary Resident Visa) which was in Visitor visa forms list. Both are different forms, so which one should I have to to fill?

Still confuse which box should check for "Type of Application" for my spouse in family information form (IMM5645E) (Visitor, Worker, or Other and what is this Other mean?)

I have to apply for OWP for my wife with my study permit application?
1. IMM5257 is application for Temporary Resident Visa it is just like Application for Study permit (IMM 1294). Like SP, IMM 5257 is acompanied by IMM 5257B schedule 1 (Application for TRV).

See this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

2. However, If your spouse is applying for OWP you need to submit application for work permit for your wife (IMM 1295) and Family Information form (IMM5645E ), IMM5257B_Schedule 1 and Checklist (IMM 5488) and IMM5409
Check this out: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp

3. She will select the option of Worker in IMM5645E , if she is applying for OWP.