+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accompany son to Port Entry, he has CoPR & visa stamped. Im not a dependant ...

vnt

Jul 22, 2018
ontario
Should i disclose that i will be accompanying my child for his first visit to canada ??

I'm applying for a visitor visa & i will be traveling with my child to the Port of entry
I will be staying in canada for a week and then come back alone while he stays there
. Im not a dependant

My son has Confirmation of permanent residence not a PR

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Based on your previous posts what is the current status of assume your PR application. Assume your son has applied for PR independant from you so has his own COPR to complete his PR landing ?

vnt

Jul 22, 2018
ontario
Based on your previous posts what is the current status of assume your PR application. Assume your son has applied for PR independant from you so has his own COPR to complete his PR landing ?
Yes
My son has a copr Independently

Meanwhile I don't have it , my goal is to get a Tourist visa so that I can accompany him while he goes to land the first time there

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
As long as you can prove to the satisfaction of the officer that you will leave Canada after visiting, you should get it. This will mean showing strong ties to your home country. Do you have property, other family (your spouse, other children), a job, investments etc. back home? If yes, then it should be ok.

If he is your only son AND you have no one back home, and no job or house... well, then you probably won't get a tourist visa since it will look like you'll stay in Canada for good.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Should i disclose that i will be accompanying my child for his first visit to canada ??

I'm applying for a visitor visa & i will be traveling with my child to the Port of entry
I will be staying in canada for a week and then come back alone while he stays there
. Im not a dependant

My son has Confirmation of permanent residence not a PR
Generally speaking we do not recommend that parents apply for a visitor visa when their child hold a COPR and will be landing in Canada. Again, generally speaking, this lowers the chances of approval and makes IRCC concerned that you may plan to use the TRV to try to move to Canada and remain long term. It would be best to wait until your child has move to Canada and lived there for a few months before applying for a TRV.

vnt

Jul 22, 2018
ontario
As long as you can prove to the satisfaction of the officer that you will leave Canada after visiting, you should get it. This will mean showing strong ties to your home country. Do you have property, other family (your spouse, other children), a job, investments etc. back home? If yes, then it should be ok.

If he is your only son AND you have no one back home, and no job or house... well, then you probably won't get a tourist visa since it will look like you'll stay in Canada for good.
Generally speaking we do not recommend that parents apply for a visitor visa when their child hold a COPR and will be landing in Canada. Again, generally speaking, this lowers the chances of approval and makes IRCC concerned that you may plan to use the TRV to try to move to Canada and remain long term. It would be best to wait until your child has move to Canada and lived there for a few months before applying for a TRV.

vnt

Jul 22, 2018
ontario
Thanks

We had previously mentioned it in the tourist visa application and then we got a refusal

This time we haven't mentioned it at all

We have applied for it a week after getting refused bas we don't have much time

Figers crossed !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks

We had previously mentioned it in the tourist visa application and then we got a refusal

This time we haven't mentioned it at all

We have applied for it a week after getting refused bas we don't have much time

Figers crossed !
IRCC has access to your first application - so it likely won't make any difference that you haven't mentioned it this time.

Best option would have been to wait until your son has lived in Canada for a few months before applying.