+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accommodation for internship in Vancouver

Nov 22, 2020
Hey all, My cousin is a graduate student who was invited for an internship in Vancouver.The training is in January, and his company doesn't have the policy of renting out accommodation for the internship duration. As of a little time frame, we have been thinking about flying in the early week of December as the covid situation may become a factor in restricting travelling conditions. We have been searching early for dorms and other rental accommodations available online as we won't be in place until next month. We came across a few, but it basically has some minor concerns that affect the decision. Could somebody help me decide as we are new to this and have a little knowledge. My main concern is what all to look out for when searching for such accommodations. Even if we are renting, are there any particular or specific new rules when looking out for such places during this covid situation?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In many websites, you can do virtual tours. If you are interest, you can arrange for a visit or go straight for a rental application for the lease. Here you give half month rent to secure your rental.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey all, My cousin is a graduate student who was invited for an internship in Vancouver.The training is in January, and his company doesn't have the policy of renting out accommodation for the internship duration. As of a little time frame, we have been thinking about flying in the early week of December as the covid situation may become a factor in restricting travelling conditions. We have been searching early for dorms and other rental accommodations available online as we won't be in place until next month. We came across a few, but it basically has some minor concerns that affect the decision. Could somebody help me decide as we are new to this and have a little knowledge. My main concern is what all to look out for when searching for such accommodations. Even if we are renting, are there any particular or specific new rules when looking out for such places during this covid situation?
Dorms would not be an option unless they were the only one there and they had their only bathroom and kitchen. He has no option but to come in December if his internship is in January. Does he have a work permit? What kind of program is this?