+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accidently crossed canada border and entered USA // Flagpole

rfvjg

Jun 26, 2022
Hi,
I accompanied my friend to CBSA office in near Peace Arch Park, White Rock BC. However, due to incorrect navigation by google maps, we reached the USA border. We immediately informed the officer that we did not mean to enter USA but we were already in the cue and there was no way to return back to Canada and we landed here. He sent us inside to the office. The US customs officer took our passport details, took our fingerprints and picture and mentioned FLAGPOLE. He then gave us a piece of paper and allowed us to return to Canada.
I checked my 1-94 records, and it has my entry and departure date for US. I do not have any US visa, and have a work Permit in Canada. Now the problem is, will I always have to say yes in my PR application where is asks denied or refused entry to any country? Will I have to enter this same day US history details in the travel history form?
Will it be an issue when I will apply my US visa?
Your help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hello, what did you do? i am in the same situation where I enterd us by mistake as described by you . Can you please let me know if you mentioned it anywhere in your pr application? Thank you

Vijay_

Star Member
Jan 11, 2024
Hi @rfvjg and @Parmeet kaur67
Any update on this situation? I have already submitted my file in non express entry and said no to question in the travel section. In my situation I haven't even had my passport with me. Also they haven't not given me any paper or anything.
Any inputs here @Miss bee is much appreciated?

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hi @rfvjg and @Parmeet kaur67
Any update on this situation? I have already submitted my file in non express entry and said no to question in the travel section. In my situation I haven't even had my passport with me. Also they haven't not given me any paper or anything.
Any inputs here @Miss bee is much appreciated?
I just attached letter of explanation explaining I entered US by mistake and then the same day came back. Everything went fine

Vijay_

Star Member
Jan 11, 2024
Thank you for your response @Parmeet kaur67.
one more question, i have already submitted my file for PR in non express entry and its been 1 week.
How should i let IRCC know about this situation? through Webform?

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Yes please. Submit a web form. I am pretty sure it is not a refusal, it’s called as administrative refusal but you can just tell them that you went to states. That’s all :)

Reactions: Vijay_