+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accessing Citizenship Eligibility

Dy Ranz

Apr 5, 2018
I will date and submit my application for citizenship on April 18, 2018 wherein I will be already 4 years in Canada. I have used the Physical Presence Calculator and got the eligibility period there April 18, 2013 to April 18, 2018.
On 9c it is asking, "During your eligibility period did you live outside of Canada?"
Should I answer yes here and submit the Residence Outside of Canada form?
On 10a it is asking, "Where have you lived during your eligibility period?"
Should I include here the addresses that I was not yet here in Canada from April
18, 2013 to April 17, 2014?
On 11 it is asking to enter details of employment and education history during the eligibility period. Again, should I include the histories of April 18, 2013 to April 17, 2014?

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Yes, yes and Yes

9c. Answer Yes. You will be asked to fill a form to assess credits as crown servant or a spouse of crown servant. It doesn't apply to you but 9c. is poorly worded. So, print out CIT 0177 and write out not applicable in the boxes and submit. You may also include an additional letter that states you are submitting the form as it was required but it doesn't apply to your case.
10a. Yes. Include all addresses where you have lived that cover the eligibility period. Note: some people have asked this before..so saying it here ...they don't care about vacation addresses. Just include addresses where you have lived.

11. Yes. All jobs, education, periods of unemployment during eligibility period

Reactions: Dy Ranz