+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Acceptance of Indian Students

Jas29

May 9, 2019
Hey,

I am planning to do an MBA from Canada. I have completed a three-year Bachelor's degree in English Literature and scored 59.4 per cent. At present, I have 2.8 years of experience and will be giving GMAT by June. With this background, Will I be able to get into Canadian varsities?

Being an Indian, will my profile be less considered as compared to other international students such as Australian?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hey,

I am planning to do an MBA from Canada. I have completed a three-year Bachelor's degree in English Literature and scored 59.4 per cent. At present, I have 2.8 years of experience and will be giving GMAT by June. With this background, Will I be able to get into Canadian varsities?

Being an Indian, will my profile be less considered as compared to other international students such as Australian?
Thousands of Indians get admitted each year to Canadian Universities. An MBA from a top school (Schulich, for e.g) is hard to get into, but it will come down to the specifics of your application. Your nationality will not count against you.

Reactions: gupt07ash

Jas29

May 9, 2019
Actually, i am worried about low scores since 59.6 per cent is considered a good score in Delhi University, especially in arts stream. Whilst viewing the canadian study requirements i come across that it is a bad score, as worst as F.

So, how would i explain that to the canadian varsities

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Actually, i am worried about low scores since 59.6 per cent is considered a good score in Delhi University, especially in arts stream. Whilst viewing the canadian study requirements i come across that it is a bad score, as worst as F.

So, how would i explain that to the canadian varsities
Canadian Universities know how to translate grades from DU. Think about it, you're not the first person applying from DU

You think the guy/gal that topped English Honours at St. Stephens with 64% (or whatever, just making up an example) won't get admission to a top school anywhere in Canada (or anywhere else, for that matter)?

Do some research, there's tons of resources out there that will help you put together your application. Your ~60% is a good score, but an MBA really comes down to other factors (GMAT scores, work experience).

Reactions: gupt07ash