+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Acceptable Translations Outside Canada

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Hey guys, got a question, I already submitted my PR application but I'm having second thoughts on the translation I provided.

I used a certified translator here in Egypt, but we don't have an association that certifies the translators, it's as simple as if you have an active business incorporation as a translator, then you're certified.

This is the page they add to all the translated documents and this is the stamp they used, it has their active tax ID & commercial registry numbers.

Is this acceptable by IRCC or not?

RoN1DoN

Jul 29, 2023
Hey guys, got a question, I already submitted my PR application but I'm having second thoughts on the translation I provided.

I used a certified translator here in Egypt, but we don't have an association that certifies the translators, it's as simple as if you have an active business incorporation as a translator, then you're certified.

This is the page they add to all the translated documents and this is the stamp they used, it has their active tax ID & commercial registry numbers.

You can refer to official requirements for Certified Translation requirements of supporting documents by IRCC in the link below for better understanding:
If you followed the instructions you should be good.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/refugee-protection/removal-risk-assessment/translation.html

however, just for information I personally used services from www.docsbase.ca to get my Arabic to English translations as they're certified for Immigration translations within Canada.

RoN1DoN

Jul 29, 2023

What's your timeline so far?

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
You can refer to official requirements for Certified Translation requirements of supporting documents by IRCC in the link below for better understanding:
If you followed the instructions you should be good.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/refugee-protection/removal-risk-assessment/translation.html

however, just for information I personally used services from www.docsbase.ca to get my Arabic to English translations as they're certified for Immigration translations within Canada.
Thanks! Well, the translator I used is officially recognized by the government and has an active incorporation paperwork and commercial registry number written on their stamp. Did you take a look at the photo I attached? Is this the common form of the affidavit?

RoN1DoN

Jul 29, 2023
Thanks! Well, the translator I used is officially recognized by the government and has an active incorporation paperwork and commercial registry number written on their stamp. Did you take a look at the photo I attached? Is this the common form of the affidavit?
attachment looks decent, and should hopefully be accepted, incase if they need it again they might send you ADR (Additional Documents Request) at later stage into your application.

Once you get your Medicals Passed (MEP) and Biometrics Invitation Letter (BIL), that means the documents you submitted are considered complete as you will have R10 stage passed, so hope for the best, you can check my timeline in Signature took me 15 days from submission to MEP/BIL

Reactions: hiato

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
attachment looks decent, and should hopefully be accepted, incase if they need it again they might send you ADR (Additional Documents Request) at later stage into your application.

Once you get your Medicals Passed (MEP) and Biometrics Invitation Letter (BIL), that means the documents you submitted are considered complete as you will have R10 stage passed, so hope for the best, you can check my timeline in Signature took me 15 days from submission to MEP/BIL
Thanks! I'm crossing my fingers. Current trend is almost 3 weeks between AOR & BIL/MEP, so let's see how it goes.
Thanks again!

Reactions: RoN1DoN

RoN1DoN

Jul 29, 2023
Thanks! I'm crossing my fingers. Current trend is almost 3 weeks between AOR & BIL/MEP, so let's see how it goes.
Thanks again!
all the best!
don't forget to update your timeline in https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZDU0Y2FiMmItMjYxYS00MWE2LWFhOWEtNWIyZGFiZWUxY2MwIiwidCI6IjU3ZGYxY2Q4LTZlMDItNDIyZi05NDhiLTNiOTUzNTg0YmQ0MyJ9

and

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application

would help others as well, and you could stay up to date on timelines.

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Can you please confirm if my understanding is correct?
From AOR till MEP/BIL, this is the time for R10 completeness check only, then after biometrics are given, BGC, criminality start, simultaneously along with eligibility, then once security in BGC is completed and hopefully everything else is good, final decision.. is that correct?

RoN1DoN

Jul 29, 2023
Can you please confirm if my understanding is correct?
From AOR till MEP/BIL, this is the time for R10 completeness check only, then after biometrics are given, BGC, criminality start, simultaneously along with eligibility, then once security in BGC is completed and hopefully everything else is good, final decision.. is that correct?
Yes your understanding is pretty much spot on, however an addition is once BGC is in Progress it undergoes various checks including Criminality, Info Sharing and Security, parallel to eligibility requirements.
Once R10 completeness check is completed you receive MEP/BIL from that point onwards you should be relieved as that point onwards they can only request ADR's if needed. Below link gives detailed insight of the process:
https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/aor-to-ppr

Reactions: hiato

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Yes your understanding is pretty much spot on, however an addition is once BGC is in Progress it undergoes various checks including Criminality, Info Sharing and Security, parallel to eligibility requirements.
Once R10 completeness check is completed you receive MEP/BIL from that point onwards you should be relieved as that point onwards they can only request ADR's if needed. Below link gives detailed insight of the process:
https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/aor-to-ppr
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.