+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accelerated Tech Pathway 2022 - Applying for PNP and EE at the same time

R_P

Nov 12, 2019
Alberta
Hi people!
I'd created an express entry profile, but while I was waiting for CEC to open up I applied to and was accepted in Alberta's Accelerated Tech Pathway. Currently the submitted applications are as follows.

(Both online applications, medical test done, biometrics were given when applying to enter as international student - unsure if they will be required again)
Application Type: Permanent Residency || Current Status: Application Submitted || Date Submitted: May 4th 2022
Application Type: Express Entry || Current Status: Invitation Received || Date Submitted: Jan 29, 2022

There has been no change within the Permanent Residency application outside of having received "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission" and "Acknowledgement of receipt - Application for permanent residence". I was hoping to get some help on a couple of questions.

1) The Processing time for PNP - Express Entry via the processing time estimator online is at ~21 months. Is that duration just for the time after having submitted the Permanent Residency application or the whole process of applying for PNP and then waiting to nomination from province, etc. If it's the former then it might make more sense to go for CEC.
Can anyone report on how long it took after submission of permanent residency application when going through PNP - Express Entry. (Even better if it was via Accelerated Tech Pathway in Alberta)
2) Now that CEC is opening up again, do I need to submit another file to be eligible for it's draws. And can it affect the application already in progress.

Cheers

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Hi people!
I'd created an express entry profile, but while I was waiting for CEC to open up I applied to and was accepted in Alberta's Accelerated Tech Pathway. Currently the submitted applications are as follows.

(Both online applications, medical test done, biometrics were given when applying to enter as international student - unsure if they will be required again)
Application Type: Permanent Residency || Current Status: Application Submitted || Date Submitted: May 4th 2022
Application Type: Express Entry || Current Status: Invitation Received || Date Submitted: Jan 29, 2022

There has been no change within the Permanent Residency application outside of having received "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission" and "Acknowledgement of receipt - Application for permanent residence". I was hoping to get some help on a couple of questions.

1) The Processing time for PNP - Express Entry via the processing time estimator online is at ~21 months. Is that duration just for the time after having submitted the Permanent Residency application or the whole process of applying for PNP and then waiting to nomination from province, etc. If it's the former then it might make more sense to go for CEC.
Can anyone report on how long it took after submission of permanent residency application when going through PNP - Express Entry. (Even better if it was via Accelerated Tech Pathway in Alberta)
2) Now that CEC is opening up again, do I need to submit another file to be eligible for it's draws. And can it affect the application already in progress.

Cheers
That’s a past processing time, AAIP should be under 4-6 months overall from the time of AOR, so I would say wait and dont again go for CEC.
They have clearly said these past processing times doesnt apply to new applications and they will be done under 6 months standard time and it may be even quicker for you.

Reactions: R_P

pvsk

Sep 2, 2019
Can anyone share the timely for Alberta tech pathway from the date of 'forrm submission'?

How long should one wait after submitting the Tech pathway form, to hear back?

I'm concerned as if they do not invite to apply soon, would need to consider the AINP- Opportunity Stream for the PNP.

Since its processing is slow, I'm rooting for the tech pathway.

Please advise.

R_P

Nov 12, 2019
Alberta
Can anyone share the timely for Alberta tech pathway from the date of 'forrm submission'?

How long should one wait after submitting the Tech pathway form, to hear back?

I'm concerned as if they do not invite to apply soon, would need to consider the AINP- Opportunity Stream for the PNP.

Since its processing is slow, I'm rooting for the tech pathway.

Please advise.
Hey there, if everything is in order then you should hear back in less than a month! If I remember correctly mine took around 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: pvsk

pvsk

Sep 2, 2019
Thanks, I filled in the tech pathway on 18th September and received the invitation to apply on 19th, uploaded all the required documents too.
Waiting on the assessment to start, will keep the channel posted.

Reactions: R_P

jaymaan888

Sep 23, 2022
Hi

I have successfully received the PNP nomination from the AB province under the Accelerated Tech Pathway 2022 and I have accepted it in my Express Entry profile.

1. How long would it take overall to complete the process from here?
2. If I change / update my address during this process, will this cause any delays in the progress?

Appreciate any feedback, thanks!

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Thanks, I filled in the tech pathway on 18th September and received the invitation to apply on 19th, uploaded all the required documents too.
Waiting on the assessment to start, will keep the channel posted.
any updates to your application?

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Hi

I have successfully received the PNP nomination from the AB province under the Accelerated Tech Pathway 2022 and I have accepted it in my Express Entry profile.

2. If I change / update my address during this process, will this cause any delays in the progress?

Not for address, unless you are moving provinces, and overall processing time could be 4-6 months

pvsk

Sep 2, 2019
Hi

If you're already in Canada, should take about 2 weeks to a couple years for receiving the CoPR

pvsk

Sep 2, 2019
If you're already in Canada, should take about 2 weeks to a couple years for receiving the CoPR
And if you change your address, you'd notify your program officer or AAIP(Details are on the website)

Mek22

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Don't want to discourage and my case could be unique, but I have been waiting for my EE PNP since AOR 19 May 2021! There is nothing more painful than waiting for something with no end date!

YK_000

Nov 10, 2022
Hi,
Can anyone please help as my AINP application is still submitted and my EE is getting expire in next 5 days what should I do ? will they issue nomination to my new ee details if I provide them beforehand?

manisha26

Aug 25, 2021
Hi, I am applying in tec pathway, can you help me with one document- Alberta employer information. Am not sure about this document.