+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA evaluation along with CA by WES

canikhilesh

May 25, 2020
Hello,

I am chartered accountant form institute of chartered accountant of India. I have not done my graduation. So I am not able to claim two or more degree, diploma etc points for Canada CRS score. As an option I am evaluting ACCA qualification to get one more degree. Since I am CA, I am eligible to get exemption for first two levels of exam of ACCA and can directly give exam of professional level.

Can you please suggest if I opt for above option then I can get points for 2 or more degree, diploma criteria.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Have you completed CA from ICAI? As in you've passed all the exams? If you have, you should have it submitted to WES for appraisal.

For ACCA i'm not sure, what you can get for level 1 and 2, usually the ACCA provides certificates for passing each level, so you get a diploma for completing level 2. The question is, is it equivalent to a 1 year diploma? Maybe someone else can confirm this.

Also remember, that to qualify for 2 or more degrees, you need to have a qualification which is equivalent to at least a 3 year bachelor's degree, and another qualification equivalent to at least a 1 year diploma.

You'll get equivalent to a 4 year bachelor's degree when you becoming an ACCA affiliate/member.

But i doubt they will count level 2 as 1 year diploma then, because it's the same qualification.

That's why you should submit your CA for assessment too.

Last edited:

canikhilesh

May 25, 2020
Yes I am qualified CA so I will get points as bachelor. But I want points for 2 or more degree, diploma etc. For ACCA, I hve to pass only final exam to become member of ACCA which I will do once I have clarity on whether ACCA will be considered as separate degree. I understand that ACCA membership is considered as 3 or 4 years bachelor degree. So my query is - this position will still remain same when ACCA membership is obtained through exemption in first two examination.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Yes it will, even with exemptions it's considered equivalent to a 4 year bachelor's degree. But you should show where you get the exemptions from, i.e. CA from ICAI.