+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA equivalency through WES!! pls help.

chapters101

Jan 14, 2016
Sorry to post this question here-does anyone know if CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) is evaluated by WES and does it count for Points in addition to a Bachelors Degree? Thanks for a quick response.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Sorry to post this question here-does anyone know if CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) is evaluated by WES and does it count for Points in addition to a Bachelors Degree? Thanks for a quick response.
From what others have posted it's equivalent to a 3 year degree.

If you have that in addition to another degree, then you will qualify for points for 2 or more degrees, one being at least a 3 year degree.

You can also use WES's degree equivalency tool: https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hi, resurrecting an old post here in hope of guidance.
I have a couple of questions. Firstly, when making the application on WES, do we select the level of qualification as 'Higher Education' for OBU?

Secondly, when I buy the degree from OBU to send it to WES, how do I ensure that they'll send the transcript as well and that they'll ensure all the formalities set by WES (envelope with a logo and seal on the opening, etc.). The same question for ACCA, some people told me that ACCA will only send your membership, so for transcripts, you have to send them yourself. but WES has an explicit requirement that the copy should be in an envelope with organization logo and sealed with a stamp .
After wes payment they ll give u a form which you will share with ACCA and OBU to attach along with tour documents

Reactions: wizoudh

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Yes, for sure, CIMA is evaluated by WES. CIMA membership is equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree. Hence you can claim CRS points for “two or more degrees”.

Swedha

Feb 29, 2020
Can anyone please reply to this. I have completed my ACCA and i'm an affiliate. Im intending to do BSc this november submission. Can i send my ACCA only to WES canada now and send BSc certificates once i get them? since it will be next year.

If i send both at different times, will i have a problem in assessing them as two separate degrees?

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
Can anyone please reply to this. I have completed my ACCA and i'm an affiliate. Im intending to do BSc this november submission. Can i send my ACCA only to WES canada now and send BSc certificates once i get them? since it will be next year.

If i send both at different times, will i have a problem in assessing them as two separate degrees?
Go to wes site and understand the process. It will ans all

Reactions: PhdStream

Swedha

Feb 29, 2020
Go to wes site and understand the process. It will ans all
I'm asking about sending acca and BSc alone to Wes. And if it will be assessed as two separate degrees if I send it separately? Or should I send both together. Wes website doesn't have an answer to this.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I'm assuming you mean the Oxford Brookes BSc associated with ACCA.

It should be fine, but i think it is preferable for you to send both together especially because they are interrelated. Also,if you send the BSc later it will count as a separate evaluation, so you will have to pay again.

Just send them together at one go, pay one fee, i think that's preferable.

Swedha

Feb 29, 2020
I'm assuming you mean the Oxford Brookes BSc associated with ACCA.

It should be fine, but i think it is preferable for you to send both together especially because they are interrelated. Also,if you send the BSc later it will count as a separate evaluation, so you will have to pay again.

Just send them together at one go, pay one fee, i think that's preferable.
yes bsc associated with ACCA. but apart from the fees will there be any problem? cuz i haven't done bsc yet and for the certificates to come to me will take alot of time next year.

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
yes bsc associated with ACCA. but apart from the fees will there be any problem? cuz i haven't done bsc yet and for the certificates to come to me will take alot of time next year.
It wont be a problem apart from what he said that you would have to pay money again. But would be annoying to go through that process again to get another evaluation addition to the report. I have gone through it and the whole process is annoying.

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019

Well, in theory you could first send ACCA to WES then ask WES to put your evaluation “on hold” until you get your BSc sorted but in my opinion there’s little point to it. Sending two credentials separately won’t save you any time or money, so what’s the point?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
No, as they've said it should be fine, because they will already have your ACCA transcript and certificates on file.

Swedha

Feb 29, 2020
Well, in theory you could first send ACCA to WES then ask WES to put your evaluation “on hold” until you get your BSc sorted but in my opinion there’s little point to it. Sending two credentials separately won’t save you any time or money, so what’s the point?
i thought of sending ACCA to wes this year. and start process once i receive my wes. cus my bsc will be completed by nov (if i pass) and certificate will come to me by july. after that sending to wes will take another 3-4 months and ill be getting it by nov 2021. will i have a prob of getting two degrees if i send it twice? pls pass ur honest opinions..