+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA-Chartered Accountant

waqas_rehman20

Sep 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All

I am also an ACCA member & applying 4 Qbk Immig, need ur urgent guidance

In Immig process doez an ACCA/CGA member need to get the practice Certificate 4m CGA-Quebec????? ???

Thanks & reg

Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting

dino5541

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC IBD(intially)/on confirmation ists Ottwa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RH Khan said:
Actually I am ACCA affiliate. I have 1.5 years of experience as an accountant and then I joined audit firm and working here for almost 2.5 years. I , therefore , am eligible to be ACCA member but I have not applied yet.

I also have BSc(Hons) in Applied Accounting degree from Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom.

I want to know how many years of formal education I can claim for ACCA studies ? As far as OBU degree is concerned , I can claim 3 years of education. Am I right ?

Furthermore , I have contacted to ACCA Canada office and they advised me that I can claim for 22 points.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Please reply soon as I have to submit form

dino5541

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
any updates for ACCA to CGA

jazzyworld

Jan 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dino5541 said:
any updates for ACCA to CGA
Just at the end of May 2013 CGA organized an online interactive QA session.
In that I asked the Question : It is possible that an ACCA member without any boreholes degree can apply for the CGA under MRA

The response was "yes he can all he has to get a certificate of good standing from the ACCA"

ANy 1 second it ?

eemmoo1

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jazzyworld said:
Just at the end of May 2013 CGA organized an online interactive QA session.
In that I asked the Question : It is possible that an ACCA member without any boreholes degree can apply for the CGA under MRA

The response was "yes he can all he has to get a certificate of good standing from the ACCA"

ANy 1 second it ?
You can apply for CGA but cannot get membership status of CGA unless you have bachelor degree.

visitcanada

Aug 31, 2013
eemmoo1 said:
You can apply for CGA but cannot get membership status of CGA unless you have bachelor degree.
Check for some exemptions that you may get in case you are already a member!!!

dino5541

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visitcanada said:
Check for some exemptions that you may get in case you are already a member!!!
i will be applying in nevember in sha allah for memmber ship additionally my spousal immigration is under process hopfully will move in Jan 2013

please give some guidence on steps i should take

thanks

jazzyworld

Jan 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eemmoo1 said:

Oh :(
thats really sad to me, even its not possible if I get Mcom degree from PAKISTAN which ACCA member can get
or any other way ??? or in worse case scenario i have to do beholders ???

gersonjaijai

Star Member
Jan 17, 2013
Hi guys,

a Quick question here:

My husband is a ACCA fellow member, and we are applying his PR under the family sponsorship now. Could he apply for the CGA conversion at this moment since his PR hasn't been granted yet?? Anyone applies this right before visa issued??

Thanks in advance!!!

faisal892

May 11, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2010
Doc's Request.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
April 16, 2013
Med's Done....
May 23, 2013
gersonjaijai said:
Hi guys,

a Quick question here:

My husband is a ACCA fellow member, and we are applying his PR under the family sponsorship now. Could he apply for the CGA conversion at this moment since his PR hasn't been granted yet?? Anyone applies this right before visa issued??

Thanks in advance!!!
Yes he can.

Faisal

vjho

Aug 4, 2015
Hi all,

I am in the process of doing CGA. I am currently studying for law and tax. I will be requesting my university to send the transcripts directly to the Association. Any idea how long does it take to get CGA membership? Also, after I get CGA do i need to give it for ECA?

Thank you all :)

karachi-pakistan

Apr 12, 2016
Edmonton, AB, CA
Hello fellow accountants :)

I recently got my PR through EE and have to land in Canada before 24th February 2017 (I plan to land no earlier than that.) I am an ACCA member with an under-grad degree, so meet all requirements under the MRA. If you guys are following the MRA between ACCA and CGA, you would be knowing that the MRA expires in June 2016.

I am confused whether to apply for CGA (now CPA) before the MRA expires, or wait until I land in February 2017. The risk, if I choose to wait, is that the MRA might not get renewed or even if it does, renews with tougher requirements (maybe requiring candidates to appear for more exams other than the Overview of Canadian Tax and Law.) However, if I choose to apply for it before the MRA expiry, will my membership continue to apply in future years or will it lapse as the MRA expires/start of a new year.

I googled but couldn't find any developments on this concern. Do any of you have any idea about the possibility of renewal?

Your responses and input would be highly appreciated.

Sam73

Sep 24, 2014
You don't need to wait, once you are admitted as CGA then MRA stays there or no, you will remain member as long as you maintain ACCA membership. I am also an ACCA member and got my CGA in 2014. I am landing in August 16.
In addition to this, Canadian education system don't accept our Bachelor's degree equal to their Bachelor's. You will require OBU BSc degree to get CGA membership.

Alexander(manchester)

Sep 29, 2012
I think that you should apply ASAP the membership is for life as far as you maintain your membership of ACCA.

I Am an ACCA member too i started the conversion process in February 2016 and was issued CPA and CGA membership on the 1st of April
I live in Denmark at the moment but planning to apply for Canada Skilled worker immigration ASAP.
please I need some guidance on some issues:

1. can i claim points with my CPA/CGA membership?
2. Will I also be able to claim points with my ACCA or do I need to evaluate it first? if yes what body can do that?

I have An MBA (project management) from UK
and a BSc in accounting from Nigeria.

am a bit confused on the qualifications that i should apply with since my understanding is that they require only 2 post secondary education qualifications. please I need an advise on which ones will be better to use or can I use all?
another issue is that my last documented experience was 3-4 years experience that ended in 2010 January?

Please I need a more experienced person to advise me on this and also give his opinion on my chances of getting a PR.
please I need an answer to start the process as am not planning to use an agent.
thanks alot in advance guys

karachi said:
Hello fellow accountants :)

I recently got my PR through EE and have to land in Canada before 24th February 2017 (I plan to land no earlier than that.) I am an ACCA member with an under-grad degree, so meet all requirements under the MRA. If you guys are following the MRA between ACCA and CGA, you would be knowing that the MRA expires in June 2016.

I am confused whether to apply for CGA (now CPA) before the MRA expires, or wait until I land in February 2017. The risk, if I choose to wait, is that the MRA might not get renewed or even if it does, renews with tougher requirements (maybe requiring candidates to appear for more exams other than the Overview of Canadian Tax and Law.) However, if I choose to apply for it before the MRA expiry, will my membership continue to apply in future years or will it lapse as the MRA expires/start of a new year.

I googled but couldn't find any developments on this concern. Do any of you have any idea about the possibility of renewal?

Your responses and input would be highly appreciated.