+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA-Chartered Accountant

simplesimon

Star Member
Jul 10, 2009
sterion - i think there are 2 seperate issues here-

To satisfy a NOC - you have to have 1 year or more of relevant ( per NOC ) work experience.

To satisfy education level - you would need to look at your own circumstances - how many years in school / uni do you need to show to get the points you want - and on that basis you choose a course.

Regards

rsm

Jul 23, 2009
Hello All,

I am new to this forum. I see quite a significant amount of information that is very useful here.

I would appreciate some clarification please from senior members.

I see that you have ACCA Membership. I am also an ACCA. When you applied to the local CHC, were you required to submit IELTS Score? Or were you able to show the UK Qualification and not take the IELT test?

By the way, if you are a Fellow ACCA Member and were admitted to Membership prior to September 1998, you do not need a Bachelor's Degree to apply for the CGA Membership. I was successful in getting the CGA Membership recently.

Regards,

ugafor

Aug 26, 2009
I am an ACCA member I submitted my full application in Accra with a detail letter specify the equivalence of ACCA certificate to master degree I have not had from them though my e CAS status has changed to decision made. They contacted me to send some documents to them recently.

jhasan

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2009
Doc's Request.
may 2009 to chc-isb
AOR Received.
provisional acceptance : 31-12-2009
File Transfer...
April 2011 to chc - london
Med's Request
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
21-08-2011
Interview........
waived i guess??
Passport Req..
PPR1 - 02-12-2011, PPR2-30-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
jan 2012
rsm said:
Hello All,

I am new to this forum. I see quite a significant amount of information that is very useful here.

I would appreciate some clarification please from senior members.

I see that you have ACCA Membership. I am also an ACCA. When you applied to the local CHC, were you required to submit IELTS Score? Or were you able to show the UK Qualification and not take the IELT test?
By the way, if you are a Fellow ACCA Member and were admitted to Membership prior to September 1998, you do not need a Bachelor's Degree to apply for the CGA Membership. I was successful in getting the CGA Membership recently.
Regards,
i have tried my luck in this case, though not sure will it work or not.

aner777

Star Member
Sep 14, 2009
Hello Guys,
I am an ACCA student member and at the moment writing F5-F9,i have my Bachelors Degree in Economics and my diploma in Accounting and two years work experience in an accounting capacity,do you think i can go ahead and submit my application now?Moreover,do i have to get the help of a consultant or can i do it myself and what is(are) the benefit(s) of the former?Thanks.

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi aner 7777

i think u r good to go if u have IELTS score of 7.5 in each field & ur spouse's qualification for any Honours degree as u already have a bachelors degree that gives u at least 20 points+ 2 years eperience that gives 17 points+ age gives u 10 points + IELTS gives 163 points + spouse's degree gives 4 points = 67 points. My personal opinion is not to hire any consutant if u r feeling confident as the process is straightforward & the consultant won't manage the docs, u r the one who will arrange & manage the docs, so why pay them.......

GOOD LUCK

simplesimon

Star Member
Jul 10, 2009
ugafor said:
I am an ACCA member I submitted my full application in Accra with a detail letter specify the equivalence of ACCA certificate to master degree I have not had from them though my e CAS status has changed to decision made. They contacted me to send some documents to them recently.
Hi ugafor - what document did you submit proving the equivakence off ACCA to masters ??

tx

XYZ

Sep 7, 2009
DEAR SIMPLESIMON,
ACCA WROTE IN THAT RESPECT. THEY SPECIFY IN THE LETTER THAT ACCA IS EQUIVALENT TO UK MASTER DEGREE WHILE THERE PART 1 AND PART 11 IS EQUIVALENT TO UK BACHLOR'S DEGREE.
WITH THE ABOVE CAN I GET 25 POINT?

aner777

Star Member
Sep 14, 2009
Hello Shibleebd,
Thanks for your response,i really appreciate it.If its ok with you can i have your email address so we can communicate via personal email?I will like to know what stage you are now in the process?While filling the first forms to be submitted based on FSW i believe the form should be sent to NS and which office am i expected to indicate in the form as the office for the processing of my transaction with CIC ie is it still NS or the office of the country where i reside?Most times its difficult getting some documents from my country of citizenship since i don't reside there for now,hence,who should documents like school transcripts,reference letter from employer,police report etc be addressed to,so that i can start looking about the processing of that immediately i apply?
Moreover,do you think i need the IELTS that all my education was in English and that of my wife too,though my first language is a local language but my education all through was in English,hence we are good in speaking,writing,listening and reading of the English language.
Also,applying by myself,will the whole duration still be within the space of 6 to 12 months considering the new policy for 2009?

Thanks a lot for your assistance and understanding.

simplesimon

Star Member
Jul 10, 2009
XYZ said:
DEAR SIMPLESIMON,
ACCA WROTE IN THAT RESPECT. THEY SPECIFY IN THE LETTER THAT ACCA IS EQUIVALENT TO UK MASTER DEGREE WHILE THERE PART 1 AND PART 11 IS EQUIVALENT TO UK BACHLOR'S DEGREE.
WITH THE ABOVE CAN I GET 25 POINT?
Hi Xyz - I asked them for copies of my transcripts and this masters equivalence is not mentioned anywhere. Did you ask ACCA for the leter ? what did you ask for ?

noms

Jul 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2011
AOR Received.
23-12-2011
File Transfer...
23-12-2011
Hi

I am an ACCA Member with over four years of experience. I am in the process of sending my full application very soon. I have couple of queries if any of you could advise me I shall be grateful.

I am in UK at the moment but going back to Pakistan next month to renew my visa because of changed rules I cannot renew my visa from UK. I am going to do a masters degree in Jan2010 in london.

Would it be fine to submitt my application in London or should I change it to Pakistan?

I had lived in Malaysia for a year for that reason I need malaysian police certificate, I am hoping to recive it next month? can I submitt my application without it to london office and post the police certificate from malaysia as soon as I get it? This the only missing document in my application.

Educational certificates
I am submitting original transcripts for ACCA, BSc Hons, B.Com certified copies of mark sheets, Notarised copy of ACCA membership certificate.

RH Khan

Sep 22, 2009
Hi guys,

I am ACCA affiliate with almost 3 years of auditing experince from Big4. I have OBU degree as well.

I have read this thread and according to my understanding, If I get equivalence certificate from ACCA, I can claim 25 points for education. Am I correct ?

Furthermore , somebody told me that, as long as canadian immigration is concerned, they dont not recognise ACCA as a equivalence to master degree. Do correct me if I am wrong.

Looking forward to your replies.

nasim15

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2009
LANDED..........
10 APR 2010
CPA2CANADA said:
fellow accountants...im a Philippine CPA but not yet ACCA qualified...could you guys give me an idea how to get that certification? I browsed their website and found that I can get the exemption of F1 to F3....F4 to F9 however should be taken...

Could you advise me how did you prepare for the exam?

Appreciate your positive response on this. I already submitted full docs to london office and waiting for my 2nd AOR.

Regards,

IDN
Have you submitted passport for visa or got visa?

RH Khan

Sep 22, 2009
Actually I am ACCA affiliate. I have 1.5 years of experience as an accountant and then I joined audit firm and working here for almost 2.5 years. I , therefore , am eligible to be ACCA member but I have not applied yet.

I also have BSc(Hons) in Applied Accounting degree from Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom.

I want to know how many years of formal education I can claim for ACCA studies ? As far as OBU degree is concerned , I can claim 3 years of education. Am I right ?

Furthermore , I have contacted to ACCA Canada office and they advised me that I can claim for 22 points.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Please reply soon as I have to submit form