+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA-CGA/CPA Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA)

Randomuser285

Jan 25, 2021
No you cant. Cause ICAP is an upgrade from a previous evaluation. If you have the one for IRCC, then you can upgrade. I'm not sure of the timeline if you directly apply for ICAP.
I understand ICAP is just an add on, here i meant the Wes standard course by course and not ECA

Hannan04

Jan 31, 2019
Hi Hannan,

They emailed me saying that my supervisor had not uploaded his membership details. i got him to do it subsequently, and have informed ACCA about the updation. I am yet to hear from them.
Hi Nishreen,
They replied me saying that my supervisors will be contacted by ACCA and it may take upto 10 days. They also said that my supervisors may take long to respond.
I emailed them today that my supervisors never got any email by ACCA and asked them to let me know of what is required instead.
Lets see what happens now.
I will be buying the cpa tax and law course once my membership is approved. Getting WES ICAP is also a mandatory step. There's so much to do.
What about ur progress ?

Hannan04

Jan 31, 2019
Im not sure of the answer to your first questions.

2. The WES for IRCC is the highest form of evaluation. You can select the standard course-by-course evaluation and start a new application by using your earlier degree. WES will automatically upgrade your package to ICAP. You don't need to send transcripts again. I just did it on Jan 18, and after one week they confirmed the upgrade and that the report would be ready by Feb 1.
Hi Nishreen,
I am also applying for ICAP now. Should i ask wes to transfer my oBU to icap evaluation or they'll automatically do it. I am aware that i need to ask acca to send membership documents to wes as previously i had evaluation till f9 only.

thirdpage

Oct 17, 2019
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
27-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2020
Hi Guys, is it necessary to evaluate the full ACCA exam alongside the university degree with WES? It appears many people are doing that and I am not sure if I should do this too. WES is currently reviewing my docs but just my masters and ACCA (F1-F9) which I had evaluated before.

Randomuser285

Jan 25, 2021
Hi Nishreen,
I am also applying for ICAP now. Should i ask wes to transfer my oBU to icap evaluation or they'll automatically do it. I am aware that i need to ask acca to send membership documents to wes as previously i had evaluation till f9 only.
Hi Hanan, how do you instruct ACCA to send documents directly to WES?

Nishreen

Apr 18, 2019
Hi Nishreen,
They replied me saying that my supervisors will be contacted by ACCA and it may take upto 10 days. They also said that my supervisors may take long to respond.
I emailed them today that my supervisors never got any email by ACCA and asked them to let me know of what is required instead.
Lets see what happens now.
I will be buying the cpa tax and law course once my membership is approved. Getting WES ICAP is also a mandatory step. There's so much to do.
What about ur progress ?
Hi,

no progress yet. Tomorrow will be 2 days since I informed them about having uploaded the supervisors credentials. I will update on this platform once I hear from them.

Nishreen

Apr 18, 2019
Hi Nishreen,
I'm not sure what OBU stands for? But if it is your bachelor's which was evaluated by WES for IRCC, then yes, go ahead and select it. The package will automatically upgrade to ICAP.

Nishreen

Apr 18, 2019
Hi Guys, is it necessary to evaluate the full ACCA exam alongside the university degree with WES? It appears many people are doing that and I am not sure if I should do this too. WES is currently reviewing my docs but just my masters and ACCA (F1-F9) which I had evaluated before.
We dont need to have our ACCA evaluated. We just need and evaluation for our bachelors. With respect to ACCA, we have to ask them to send our transcripts and Letter of good standing / membership confirmation to CPA

Reactions: thirdpage

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hi,

no progress yet. Tomorrow will be 2 days since I informed them about having uploaded the supervisors credentials. I will update on this platform once I hear from them.
Just trying to understand. After you are done all with your exams, PER and written statements, you still need correspondence from the supervisor(s) to get full memberships?

Nishreen

Apr 18, 2019
Just trying to understand. After you are done all with your exams, PER and written statements, you still need correspondence from the supervisor(s) to get full memberships?
Ideally ,the answer is no. However, in my case, almost a year back, my supervisor approved my PER and time. Although, he did not upload his membership details. In the meanwhile, he left the organization he worked at and we had done all this through the official email. So i had to add him back with his personal email and then he uploaded.

I again received an email from ACCA saying that they are unable to see his details yet. No idea what's going on.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Ideally ,the answer is no. However, in my case, almost a year back, my supervisor approved my PER and time. Although, he did not upload his membership details. In the meanwhile, he left the organization he worked at and we had done all this through the official email. So i had to add him back with his personal email and then he uploaded.

I again received an email from ACCA saying that they are unable to see his details yet. No idea what's going on.
Thanks for the reply, best of luck for the days a head.

Randomuser285

Jan 25, 2021
Hi .. I do not know answer to your question but my wife's experience might be useful in this context.

My wife is working towards her ACCA, she is not able to sit on her remaining paper due to Covid-19 pandemic (exams are being cancelled since March 2020 and there is no news when they will continue to have one). So, my wife has not apply for MRA with CPA.

However, when she came to Canada sometime 6 years ago, she tired to access her transcript from India, 3 years B.Com in Accounting, considering an option to join CPA as a student. Back then CPA Ontario used to access applicant transcripts via email. Conclusion is CPA Ontario accepted that her 3 years B.Com degree is enough to fulfill their degree requirement.
Thanks, however they require some 120 credits or a 4 year degree program and unfortunately my bachelor degree is only 3 years and that too from India so is it worth taking a risk of CAD 565 just to get application rejected on the basis non fulfillment of degree requirement?

Anyone know how to calculate the number of credita available for a 3 year BCOM from India

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Thanks, however they require some 120 credits or a 4 year degree program and unfortunately my bachelor degree is only 3 years and that too from India so is it worth taking a risk of CAD 565 just to get application rejected on the basis non fulfillment of degree requirement?

Anyone know how to calculate the number of credita available for a 3 year BCOM from India
Few clarification:
  • My wife accessed her transcript with CPA Ontario six years ago. Back then CPA-O used to accessed by themselves and via email. Also, the degree requirement is same now as it was 6 years before.
  • My wife too has 3 years B. Com degree (Hons) from India (Calcutta University). CPA-O considered that my wife's university degree was good enough and full-fill their degree requirement.
Just to clarify, back then my wife completed all her F1-F9 papers from ACCA and CPA-O did not gave any credit for that, and asked her to complete almost all the PREP papers. That is the main reason she thought of giving up on CPA-O and continue her ACCA exams.

thirdpage

Oct 17, 2019
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
27-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2020

Just like you rightly stated, they require 120 credits or a 4 year degree program. Infact, the definition of University Degree in CPA-O Regulation 7-1, Section 1.5 is:
a four-year undergraduate degree or other equivalent indicator of academic achievement comprising 120 credit hours or equivalent;
Take note of the highlighted words. As long as your 3-year bachelor degree can produce 120 credit hours then you should be fine. Take a look at your transcript to ascertain this (although a 3 credit hour course in India may be 2.5 or 2 in Canada it still gives you a fair indication. In some cases the reverse could happen, i.e a 2 credit hours course in India may be 3 credit hours in Canada).

Reactions: Randomuser285

Randomuser285

Jan 25, 2021
Just like you rightly stated, they require 120 credits or a 4 year degree program. Infact, the definition of University Degree in CPA-O Regulation 7-1, Section 1.5 is:

Take note of the highlighted words. As long as your 3-year bachelor degree can produce 120 credit hours then you should be fine. Take a look at your transcript to ascertain this (although a 3 credit hour course in India may be 2.5 or 2 in Canada it still gives you a fair indication. In some cases the reverse could happen, i.e a 2 credit hours course in India may be 3 credit hours in Canada).
Thanks for the detailed answer, although I dont have a copy of my transcript as it was directly sent by the university and WES evaluation simply says 3 year bachelor degree.
Dont know should i take a risk worth 1000 CAD