+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA-CGA/CPA Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA)

Philips83

Aug 24, 2016
Hi Friend, any update on this MRA?
I see that ACCA is still transferable in CPA website?

cpacanada.ca/en/become-a-cpa/pathways-to-becoming-a-cpa/international-credential-recognition/international-credential-recognition-mras-and-rmas/become-a-canadian-cpa-cga

Kami23

Jan 25, 2015
One important aspect to note since all ACCA does not hold university degree

I do not have a university degree and I qualified as an ACCA member after July 31, 1998. What do I need to do to become a CPA, CGA?
ACCA members who gained membership to ACCA after July 31, 1998 are required to hold a university degree recognized by the CPA profession.

link to faqs
file:///C:/Users/kamran.ahmad/Downloads/00660-IC-FAQ-for-ACCA-members-factsheet.pdf

faisal892

May 11, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2010
Doc's Request.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
April 16, 2013
Med's Done....
May 23, 2013
Hi,

I am PR card holder and recently landed in Canada. I am member of ACCA and have 2 years bachelors and one year Executive MBA degree from Pakistan. Please if you could advice whether i meet the education requirement to apply for membership of CPA and CGA?

Regards

Faisal

ABHISHEK0810

Apr 29, 2017
Even I'm an ACCA member, graduate in commerce of 3year degree and MBA of 2 year degree from India. Let me know if you come across whether we can avail CPA(Canada) membership before moving to canada.

malitahir

Sep 2, 2017
Overview of Canadian Tax and Law — 2015

I am going to buy this course online anyone who completed it recently or can help in guiding me a little. Please reply or pm me.

Thanks

canadamyplace

Aug 23, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
sent with application
Overview of Canadian Tax and Law — 2015

I am going to buy this course online anyone who completed it recently or can help in guiding me a little. Please reply or pm me.

Thanks
you will issue a certified cheque for the value of CAD 495 and send it by mail to them afterwhich they will give you access to the online course. you will study and do 7 quiz each 10 questions. You will have to score 7/10 to be deemed to have passed a particular quiz. 4 of the quiz is on tax while 3 is on Law. after passing the 7 different quizzes, you will be issued with certificate of completion which you will forward to them as part of the requirement for the conversion. If you are in Canada, you can pay online but if not, you will be required to use a certified cheque. You have to be fast about it because the process is a long one.

i hope this helps

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
you will issue a certified cheque for the value of CAD 495 and send it by mail to them afterwhich they will give you access to the online course. you will study and do 7 quiz each 10 questions. You will have to score 7/10 to be deemed to have passed a particular quiz. 4 of the quiz is on tax while 3 is on Law. after passing the 7 different quizzes, you will be issued with certificate of completion which you will forward to them as part of the requirement for the conversion. If you are in Canada, you can pay online but if not, you will be required to use a certified cheque. You have to be fast about it because the process is a long one.

i hope this helps
Hi.

Can you please help me on below queries?

Can we reattempt the quiz if we are unable to pass 7 out of 10 in one go?

As per CPABC email i recieved last month, the course can be purchased online from CPA store and the only payment method showing on site is credit card with this message "For international orders, credit card payment must be selected.". So i guess i can go ahead with the purchase as they might have changed procedure now?

How long does it take to process membership application from providing them completion certificate and all other documents till grant of membership status?

Thanks.

max147

Jan 18, 2016
Hello everyone,
I am an ACCA member and gained exemption for F1, F2, F6 and F8 for my prior learnings. I have also done Masters in Economics (2 years external/private) and Bachelors of Commerce (2 years).

How can I apply for MRA of CGA and ACCA?

I am also applying Open work permit in this month as my wife is student in Alberta. What would be the suitable time to apply for this? As I have to apply for BC, if i apply from here.

afzaal123

Jan 28, 2017
Guys please tell me. Is it true? Now a days ACCA is providing a letter of equivalence which clearly states that ACCA fully qualified is equivalent to Masters Degree in UK . Can we claim 25 points on the basis of ACCA. Do anyone has claimed 25 points against ACCA Qualification merely on the basis of Equivalency Certificate

tichupichu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Guys please tell me. Is it true? Now a days ACCA is providing a letter of equivalence which clearly states that ACCA fully qualified is equivalent to Masters Degree in UK . Can we claim 25 points on the basis of ACCA. Do anyone has claimed 25 points against ACCA Qualification merely on the basis of Equivalency Certificate
That equivalence is not acceptable by CIC.
you have to get the equivalency from WES or other credential Assessment body.

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
As per Website, the MRA hasn't been renewed yet but they are still entertaining the applications until they negotiate a new one.

"It is important to note that this MRA was scheduled to expire in July 2016, however, the deadline was extended indefinitely. All individuals who submit a complete application before the expiry will be considered for admission under the MRA. Unfortunately, we do not know when it will expire so we encourage you to apply as soon as you are eligible to do so."

hassaan_anwar

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
Has anyone without post graduate degree applied for this? or gotten any confirmation that this requirement is compulsory ?