+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Academy of Learning - How good it is?

rohitm

Feb 21, 2014
This is for my wife and she is interested on a diploma related to healthcare sector- most likely Medical Office Assistant program. We are new immigrants in the country, originally from India.

Because of time constraint we are planning to go with a one year program. The community college that we have in our town offers the same diploma, but two years in length. Now we have been consulting with a private college called "Academy of Learning". It's a network of colleges throughout Canada, but we are not sure of it's quality of education and more importantly the worth of the diploma to get a job. We hear everything 'great' about themselves as soon as we step into their so-called campus. In fact the campus is run inside a small rented building. They boast themselves of offering courses that is needed for the industry, and they can custom make the contents according to the student's ability. The duration of the Diploma is 40 weeks, which also includes 4-6 weeks of co-op term.The program fee is $12,000. I am in a situation now considering the whopping cost of the program, and the quality of this college.

I would like to know how good is the "Academy of Learning" college. Please share your thoughts if you know anyone who has joined this college, or your thoughts on joining any such private college. If this doesn't work out I am considering a distance course from any of the reputed colleges in Ontario.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you can, go with a public college.

Private colleges such as Academy of Learning generally have much much poorer reputations among both students and employers.

fabijan

Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone . . Can anyone tell me something about Academy of learning in Halifax ? I intend to apply this college , as a international student . What are the possibilities , to get the Student Visa ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
fabijan said:
Hello everyone . . Can anyone tell me something about Academy of learning in Halifax ? I intend to apply this college , as a international student . What are the possibilities , to get the Student Visa ?
See answer above. Forget about this school and attend a public college. If you go with the Academy of Learning, it's quite possible you won't qualify for a PGWP.

fabijan

Apr 30, 2016
Thank you very much for your help ! I But I have some concerns regarding there reply to my inquiry . And this was there answer to my mail ******We are registered under the Career Colleges with the government. We have over 50 campuses across Canada and we have been operating for over 25 years. ****** And to my questin ,whether am i eligible for PGWPP , they replied this ***(Thanks for your reply. You will be able to apply for the Post Graduate Work Permit for the same length of the Diploma Program that you will take with us. If you decide to take the Web Design Diploma which is 15 months you will be able to work in Canada for 15 months. While you are student you can work 20 hours a week. ) ... Thank you in advance again for great help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
fabijan said:
Thank you very much for your help ! I But I have some concerns regarding there reply to my inquiry . And this was there answer to my mail ******We are registered under the Career Colleges with the government. We have over 50 campuses across Canada and we have been operating for over 25 years. ****** And to my questin ,whether am i eligible for PGWPP , they replied this ***(Thanks for your reply. You will be able to apply for the Post Graduate Work Permit for the same length of the Diploma Program that you will take with us. If you decide to take the Web Design Diploma which is 15 months you will be able to work in Canada for 15 months. While you are student you can work 20 hours a week. ) ... Thank you in advance again for great help
What you do is your choice. I have lived my entire life in Canada and can tell you that career colleges like this one have a horrible reputation. They offer a very poor learning experience and this education is not valued by employers in Canada - so you will have difficultly finding a job afterwards. I would very strongly recommend you attend a public college instead. But again, your choice and your money.