+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abusive Spouse

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
I am asking questions on behalf of a neighbour....

She came here through AIP and her spouse came months later, both AIP (both from India). He has been abusing her and apparently is only using her to gain PR then plans to divorce her. She is afraid to leave him or do anything on her own bc she thinks it will end her plans for endorsement and then PR.

I am thinking there has to be a way she can proceed on her own without him, am I right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am asking questions on behalf of a neighbour....

She came here through AIP and her spouse came months later, both AIP (both from India). He has been abusing her and apparently is only using her to gain PR then plans to divorce her. She is afraid to leave him or do anything on her own bc she thinks it will end her plans for endorsement and then PR.

I am thinking there has to be a way she can proceed on her own without him, am I right?
She needs to leave him now. So they are PR already? She is the principal applicant?

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
She needs to leave him now. So they are PR already? She is the principal applicant?
She is the principal. I think she is about to be PR ready, she said she was just waiting for her endorsement. She is working. He has been through 3 jobs now and refuses to get another, trying to make her support him.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She is the principal. I think she is about to be PR ready, she said she was just waiting for her endorsement. She is working. He has been through 3 jobs now and refuses to get another, trying to make her support him.
She can move foward without him as a single applicant. However IRCC will want evidence they have separated (no longer living together and she has started the divoce process. So she should go ahead with these steps.

Reactions: Naturgrl and KaZRa