+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abudhabi visa office gather here please

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
NO WAY! I applied from Riyadh by the way and I’m waiting for restrictions to ease and will travel to India. I read the PH Applicant case where they wrote “applying from” as PH. If you know more about it, let me know.
3rd application from KSA inspite of changing my program and applying alone + I have full funds for my entire education and living yet I know what the result will be.
Oh! Among PH applicants it is a very common thing. They apply from the GCC country but put country of residence as PH in the form. They don't travel back to their home country. I have seen the terms of SDS for PH is exactly same like for other countries but have never read from any other SDS country doing this. Probably someone at some point took the risk and the chain continued after he/she being successful, never seen anyone from India, Pakistan or other SDS countries doing this. Not on this forum atleast.

MLV05

May 18, 2021
I see.. i had what i thought to be a ghost update yesterday(sunday morning) and some others too. Might not be a real update cause my VO is close during sunday.
Oh! Im referring to applications reviewed by Canadian embassy in UAE..
Oh! Among PH applicants it is a very common thing. They apply from the GCC country but put country of residence as PH in the form. They don't travel back to their home country. I have seen the terms of SDS for PH is exactly same like for other countries but have never read from any other SDS country doing this. Probably someone at some point took the risk and the chain continued after he/she being successful, never seen anyone from India, Pakistan or other SDS countries doing this. Not on this forum atleast.
what i knew for sds is that applicant must declare his/her exact current residence(correct me if im wrong)..unlike in regular stream,some applicants declare their home country residence even though they are currently in diff.country to make sure that their app will be reviewed from their home country.example: uae based then declared in form imm1294 no.7 is PH,no.8 uae and no.9 PH..i will do the same if i got refused, hopefully not

MLV05

May 18, 2021
what i knew for sds is that applicant must declare his/her exact current residence(correct me if im wrong)..unlike in regular stream,some applicants declare their home country residence even though they are currently in diff.country to make sure that their app will be reviewed from their home country.example: uae based then declared in form imm1294 no.7 is PH,no.8 uae and no.9 PH..i will do the same if i got refused, hopefully not
Btw,their reason for declaring their home country as current residence is that we are not a permanent residents of uae/any gcc countries

Reactions: sqfit

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
Btw,their reason for declaring their home country as current residence is that we are not a permanent residents of uae/any gcc countries
Thats what I thought! Which country are you from? I don’t want to travel back home but of course don’t want to lie/misrepresent. Besides I’m on a dependent status here so if I even think of going that route, I will have a good explanation for that. I literally am just “accompanying my husband” can’t work/own property/ run business, etc. let’s keep each other updated.
i hope you get it. Good luck.

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
You think they apply under SDS or Non SDS because in SDS only they have explicitly mentioned that you need to reside in that country and in NON SDS there is no such requirement. I guess that’s how they get through.

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
Understood. So in short they do mention they are in the UAE but in the inside of the application, from the segregation of the application, it gets looked at in the PH but when the VO literally goes through it is when he figures out they are working in the UAE.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
That's right. I believe this is the reasoning for that. It is a grey area to be honest as the question not not explicitly explain if your country of residence needs to be temporary or permanent. I will most likely apply that way as I don't think I can wait till end of June otherwise I will miss the next intake as well.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
You think they apply under SDS or Non SDS because in SDS only they have explicitly mentioned that you need to reside in that country and in NON SDS there is no such requirement. I guess that’s how they get through.
They apply SDS as well. Its is a grey area. Borders to India are not going to open anytime soon. I might just do it this way and see where fate takes. I h9onestly dont see the difference where people literally go for a week and come back. Clearly VO must know why they are here.

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
They apply SDS as well. Its is a grey area. Borders to India are not going to open anytime soon. I might just do it this way and see where fate takes.
I was going to do the same with NON SDS though, also I know of someone who traveled once to India, applied under SDS but got rejected, second time that person applied under SDS but didn’t even travel. Is currently in Canada. I’ll research more about it and let you know. I have to apply within June as well.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
I was going to do the same with NON SDS though, also I know of someone who traveled once to India, applied under SDS but got rejected, second time that person applied under SDS but didn’t even travel. Is currently in Canada. I’ll research more about it and let you know. I have to apply within June as well.
UAE recently announced the extension of ban till end of June and I feel this is going to get extended. I'm also constantly researching and reaching out people on different FB groups. I'm surprised Indians are not the first ones to use this hack ;-)

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
UAE recently announced the extension of ban till end of June and I feel this is going to get extended. I'm also constantly researching and reaching out people on different FB groups. I'm surprised Indians are not the first ones to use this hack ;-)
Honestly I feel this is not cheating. If they do feel there’s something wrong, they give you a certain time to explain yourself. I guess we all have a pretty straight forward explanation. As they themselves say it during a refusal that status is temporary, I’d give them their own truth. This place is temporary and everything we have/own and all our documents etc are listed on our permanent address in our home country.
Travel ban won’t be lifted anytime soon, in Saudi it’s been since 4 months now. I will have to go this way too and will explain if later they raise concerns.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Honestly I feel this is not cheating. If they do feel there’s something wrong, they give you a certain time to explain yourself. I guess we all have a pretty straight forward explanation. As they themselves say it during a refusal that status is temporary, I’d give them their own truth. This place is temporary and everything we have/own and all our documents etc are listed on our permanent address in our home country.
Travel ban won’t be lifted anytime soon, in Saudi it’s been since 4 months now. I will have to go this way too and will explain if later they raise concerns.
Absolutely. I don't think there is anything wrong either. Technically we are permanent residents of our country of citizenship and the question does not explicitly mention what options to choose so it is open to interpretation. Besides, PH candidates have been doing this for years and if any issues we would have known as the principals and laws apply globally.

studentpermitcomeon

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Kuwait
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
Any updates guys?
Any January applicants still waiting? or we -the February applicants- are the only stuck here.

Anyone got gcms notes (what is your status)?
Still waiting bro. And i am still yet to receive my gcms notes although its been 33 days since in applied for it.

• Sad
Reactions: sal2021

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
Absolutely. I don't think there is anything wrong either. Technically we are permanent residents of our country of citizenship and the question does not explicitly mention what options to choose so it is open to interpretation. Besides, PH candidates have been doing this for years and if any issues we would have known as the principals and laws apply globally.
Same ! Exactly my thoughts. Will go with Non SDS though because then SDS is a whole different ballgame of explanations! What say?

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Same ! Exactly my thoughts. Will go with Non SDS though because then SDS is a whole different ballgame of explanations! What say?
In fact, SDS is pretty straight forward in terms of documents. Every document has a individual upload field like transcripts, SDS, LOA, medical etc so chances of VO skipping important documents is minimal. Whereas in NON-SDS you put everything in client upload which is an optional field so they are welcome to skip if they are no in mood to check.