+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi VO ... Let's Connect here!

Sirisha Chaitanya

Jan 29, 2017
Got PPR this morning. Even though my file was being processed in Ottawa VO, they requested we send our passports to Abu Dhabi Visa Office.

Because I live in Qatar, and there are currently no diplomatic ties between Qatar and UAE, Aramex has refused to accept the passport. VFS accepted them, but they also said that as of now, they have no way of getting them to Abu Dhabi - so they are awaiting for IRCC to give them further instructions on where to send the passports... *sigh*
Hi,

Good Day!

Congratulations!!!

I have a question, I have lived in Qatar for 3.5 years.

Got my PCC only for work visa duration and was on business visa for 2.5 months.

How did you manage?

Please explain.

Last edited:

Sirisha Chaitanya

Jan 29, 2017
Hi, below is my timeline.
FSW-O
3rd April - AOR
5th June - IP1
9th June -Medical passed
BG-NA
19th June -IP2
28th June -PPR
Sent passports for stamping through vfs from dubai to Abu dhabi on 1st july.
Hi,

Congratulations!!!!

Can you share your contact as I am residing in Abudhabi.

Would like to know some details.

My contact: +971506407968

Thank you.

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FSW-O
3rd April - AOR
5th June - IP1
9th June -Medical passed
BG-NA
19th June -IP2
28th June -PPR
Congratulations Mjhin and all the best for your future in Canada. Could you please let us know about your travel history. Are you an extensive traveler? I'm asking this because it seems like extensive travel equates to delayed PPR, however your timeline seems just perfect, so getting an idea about your travel history would give us an idea of what to expect with our own applications. Thanks

Mjhin

Dec 5, 2016
UAE
Congratulations Mjhin and all the best for your future in Canada. Could you please let us know about your travel history. Are you an extensive traveler? I'm asking this because it seems like extensive travel equates to delayed PPR, however your timeline seems just perfect, so getting an idea about your travel history would give us an idea of what to expect with our own applications. Thanks
Hi Vabs200, thank you. I wish you too a speedy PPR. NO i am not an extensive traveler. In dubai from last 4 yrs and before that was in India.

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Vabs200, thank you. I wish you too a speedy PPR. NO i am not an extensive traveler. In dubai from last 4 yrs and before that was in India.
Thanks a lot for your prompt response. So, we are still consistent with the logic...extensive travel = delayed PPR; moderate travel = smooth timelines and PPR :)

Reactions: Mjhin

msf02

Apr 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can confirm that extensive travel = security screening, which is synonymous with a delayed PPR. My wife and I are extensive travelers, with lots of trips to the USA, and our application took exactly one year, from AOR to PPR.

Anyone knows how long ADVO is taking for visa stamping these days?

Cheers,
MF

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi vabs200 and Mjihin,

My AOR is 25th Jan and BGIP since 19th May. Nationality is Indian. Traveled to Saudi, Oman, Greece, Turkey apart from regular travels to home. Is this the reason for no PPR yet?

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can confirm that extensive travel = security screening, which is synonymous with a delayed PPR. My wife and I are extensive travelers, with lots of trips to the USA, and our application took exactly one year, from AOR to PPR.

Anyone knows how long ADVO is taking for visa stamping these days?

Cheers,
MF
Last i heard it is taking 1 month

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi vabs200 and Mjihin,

My AOR is 25th Jan and BGIP since 19th May. Nationality is Indian. Traveled to Saudi, Oman, Greece, Turkey apart from regular travels to home. Is this the reason for no PPR yet?
Although it seems like extensive travel history does delay your PPR, however, if you research the forum, you'd come across applicants who haven't ever traveled outside their country of origin and their applications have still been delayed. On the other hand, there are applicants who have traveled extensively and still got their PPRs relatively quickly. So, one can never be 100 percent sure about this. As I understand, extensive travel history does delay your PPR by a few days as it generally entails extra security checks but if there is any particular travel in your history that may raise a red flag, like traveling to a 'sensitive' country then you may actually end up going through stringent security checks and long delays to your application. The best thing to do in your case is to order GCMS notes and check the reason for the delay.

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Although it seems like extensive travel history does delay your PPR, however, if you research the forum, you'd come across applicants who haven't ever traveled outside their country of origin and their applications have still been delayed. On the other hand, there are applicants who have traveled extensively and still got their PPRs relatively quickly. So, one can never be 100 percent sure about this. As I understand, extensive travel history does delay your PPR by a few days as it generally entails extra security checks but if there is any particular travel in your history that may raise a red flag, like traveling to a 'sensitive' country then you may actually end up going through stringent security checks and long delays to your application. The best thing to do in your case is to order GCMS notes and check the reason for the delay.
Thanks for replying. Yes, I have ordered GCMS notes on 12th June and waiting for them to arrive. Let's hope for the best

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
FSW-O
3rd April - AOR
5th June - IP1
9th June -Medical passed
BG-NA
19th June -IP2
28th June -PPR
Congrats !! Good luck on your further journey !!

Reactions: Mjhin

monavy

Aug 20, 2013
who remembers where you went 10 years ago. how do people fill last 10 years travel history?
Also if there was a new / renewed passport issues during that time, what do you do? you give them copies of both the passports?