+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi office - Received PPR, considering withdrawal of passport.

nathant

Jul 27, 2022
Hi,
I received my PPR on June 15th,2022 and submitted my passport to VFS in Dubai on June 22,2022. It was received by the IRCC office in Abu Dhabi on June 23,2022 and has been under process ever since.
On July 14,2022, I received an email from IRCC mentioning the below -
Dear Applicant,

Kindly note that your passport, which has been received by our office is still pending visa printing as we are awaiting for action from the processing office.

We are currently holding on to your passport while the processing office completes the processing, however, should you require our office to return your passport in the meantime, please send us an email requesting the same and we will return your passport via the Visa Application Center (VAC).

You might wish to contact the processing office to request an update regarding the status of your application.

Regards,

Migration Section | Section de Migration / DB

Embassy of Canada in Abu Dhabi | Ambassade du Canada Abu Dhabi

My questions are -
1. Can anyone share their timeline from PPR to COPR?
2. Would it affect my application if I choose to withdraw my passport ? I have an urgent trip to make in 10 days and I will require 2 days to submit my withdrawal request.
Appreciate any assistance.

Iamtraveller

Aug 27, 2022
Hi,
I received my PPR on June 15th,2022 and submitted my passport to VFS in Dubai on June 22,2022. It was received by the IRCC office in Abu Dhabi on June 23,2022 and has been under process ever since.
On July 14,2022, I received an email from IRCC mentioning the below -
Dear Applicant,

Kindly note that your passport, which has been received by our office is still pending visa printing as we are awaiting for action from the processing office.

We are currently holding on to your passport while the processing office completes the processing, however, should you require our office to return your passport in the meantime, please send us an email requesting the same and we will return your passport via the Visa Application Center (VAC).

You might wish to contact the processing office to request an update regarding the status of your application.

Regards,

Migration Section | Section de Migration / DB

Embassy of Canada in Abu Dhabi | Ambassade du Canada Abu Dhabi

My questions are -
1. Can anyone share their timeline from PPR to COPR?
2. Would it affect my application if I choose to withdraw my passport ? I have an urgent trip to make in 10 days and I will require 2 days to submit my withdrawal request.
Appreciate any assistance.
Did u got your passport stammped.
Was it visitor Visa
When was biometric given
I was just curious about timeline

YM729

Oct 14, 2022
Hi, I'm curious when you received your PPR, did it specify that you need to send your passport to Dubai/AD VFS? Or did it allow you to choose any office near you?

I'm living in AD now but plan to move very soon, very possibly before I receive my PPR.

(Sorry i cant help you on your question