+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi License to Canadian(ON) License

mack1982

Mar 10, 2014
Hi,

From what I know, the following two documents are required in order to be eligable to give the G exam in ON, Canada.
- U.A.E Driving License (+24 months old)
- U.A.E Driving history or Driving Experience Certificate

Does anyone know the exact procedure, how to get the Driving Experience Letter in Abu Dhabi (Not Dubai). I visited the Abu Dhabi licensing office next to Emirate Driving Institute, but they have never heard of a driving experience certificate.
Additionally, I want to correct my name on my driving license. Has anyone done that in Abu Dhabi. The name on my driving license is correct in Arabic but in English, because they did not have enough space, they skipped my last name.

Mvinuae

Oct 15, 2019
Hello did you manage to get your letter? Can you send me a template. I asked my friend to collect mine as I am already in Canada. If you can email me.at mvinuae@gmail.com.

Thank you.

tramily

Apr 25, 2016
Hello

I did mine fairly easy.
1- go to the traffic department in Abu Dhabi and ask for experience letter to Canada. you will need to pay around AED200 and get it stamped by them.
2- make sure all the information are correct (spelling, dates..etc)
3- once you are in Ontario, go to your nearst DriveTest Centre with the original UAE license and that letter and you will be sent for a knowledge test right away.
4- once you pass, you can go back to the counter and ask to book a G test
5- (optional): book some driving lessons with instructors --> it's usually around CAD40 per hour

normally they don't like people who skip G2 and go direct to G because they want you to have a proper driving experience... but if you are a perfect driver, then it should be okay

Good Luck

salamiz

Oct 13, 2018
Hello

I did mine fairly easy.
1- go to the traffic department in Abu Dhabi and ask for experience letter to Canada. you will need to pay around AED200 and get it stamped by them.
3- once you are in Ontario, go to your nearst DriveTest Centre with the original UAE license and that letter and you will be sent for a knowledge test right away.
5- (optional): book some driving lessons with instructors --> it's usually around CAD40 per hour

normally they don't like people who skip G2 and go direct to G because they want you to have a proper driving experience... but if you are a perfect driver, then it should be okay

Good Luck
Thanks a ton

Musama

Jun 24, 2020
Hello

I did mine fairly easy.

Good Luck
Hi can you send a template of that letter my email is musama93@gmail.com. i need to get it for myself as well