+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi Embassy - VAC - Online - Process and Decision?

FutureMrsSM

Jun 10, 2013
Hi everyone,

I was looking into applying for a TRV and I had a few questions:

1. Who makes the decision to approve or reject an application for UAE residents? Does the decision making process differ if it was submitted online instead of through VAC or the Embassy in Abu Dhabi directly?

2. As the online application process requires a wait period for the decision followed by a passport request etc, is it easier to apply online through VAC or the Embassy? From what I have gathered so far through VAC and the Embassy I have the option of dispatching the passport from the beginning hence when the decision is made the passport is returned once and for all with either the approval/stamped visa or the rejection?

3. When submitting an online application, do we have the option of dispatching it as a family or does each applicant have to submit a separate online application despite them traveling together? (the VAC and Embassy option can bundle the applications provided they are organized by each set).

I'd appreciate all the help I can need.

S_Kanada

Aug 1, 2013
FutureMrsSM said:
Hi everyone,

1. Who makes the decision to approve or reject an application for UAE residents? Does the decision making process differ if it was submitted online instead of through VAC or the Embassy in Abu Dhabi directly?

2. As the online application process requires a wait period for the decision followed by a passport request etc, is it easier to apply online through VAC or the Embassy? From what I have gathered so far through VAC and the Embassy I have the option of dispatching the passport from the beginning hence when the decision is made the passport is returned once and for all with either the approval/stamped visa or the rejection?

3. When submitting an online application, do we have the option of dispatching it as a family or does each applicant have to submit a separate online application despite them traveling together? (the VAC and Embassy option can bundle the applications provided they are organized by each set).

I'd appreciate all the help I can need.

I have applied online on julu 1st and still i have got no reply. Im a kuwaiti resident and i think the TRV Online was a bad choice

nabilkhan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
any Reply dear???? you have applied online...are you still waiting???
there is some strike going on...they have this in a pop up message on there website....and its summer, they have more application in this time of year...so it might effect processing time.

S_Kanada

Aug 1, 2013
nabilkhan said:
any Reply dear???? you have applied online...are you still waiting???
there is some strike going on...they have this in a pop up message on there website....and its summer, they have more application in this time of year...so it might effect processing time.
Yup still waiting. The strike is still going on and theres still no reply from the embassy. And on top of that the american embassies in the Mena area are closed for a week in response to el-qaeda threat. I wouldve applied for a schengen visa earlier if i knew that coming. Did u apply for a TRV online?

nabilkhan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes i have applied for TRV from Qatar on 7 july via courier ....i was not aware of this strike.....i am still waiting....lets c...please keeep updated...

nabilkhan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
to futureMRs.....

Hi everyone,

ans: only processing time will change...if u wil submit directly it will take little longer...online processing is quicker...butttttttttttttttt....they are on strike...

ans: there is no such thing called rejection stamp....but they have this rejection listed in there system..if you need yout passport during processing time than dont dispatch it in...just submit the application without it and wait for there call...

ans: no idea about online application :)

S_Kanada

Aug 1, 2013
Good morning

Got the passport request on the 14th of august
Application submitted online from kuwait for a TRV on the 1st of julu
Processing time : 30 working days ( average processing time posted 23-25 days )

Good luck for all :)

nabilkhan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for updating...and congratulation bro...

sssmmm1234

Aug 12, 2013
HI nabilkhan. I too applied from Qatar online on July 20th. I guess the processing times are all 30 days or more.

nabilkhan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wht is your nationality??? possing time varies from 2 day to 2 month..+ strike....
any hw online application moves fast.....

nabilkhan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sssmmm1234 did u applied with ur family??