Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
I live abroad and am contemplating returning to Canada. Airlines are stopping flights out of where we live and we may have our last shot at getting out for a while tomorrow. Problem is i don't have a valid PR card or travel document and I obviously don't have time to get one. I do satisfy all PR obligations and am still a permanent resident even though my card has expired. Is there any information out there about whether any rules changes that affect me have been applied during this Corona crisis time? Just trying to find out whether there's any chance of me being allowed in..

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why not remain where you are? You would exposing yourself health risk.

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
Why not remain where you are? You would exposing yourself health risk.
Cause I believe my family and I would perhaps be much safer in Canada than where we are.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I live abroad and am contemplating returning to Canada. Airlines are stopping flights out of where we live and we may have our last shot at getting out for a while tomorrow. Problem is i don't have a valid PR card or travel document and I obviously don't have time to get one. I do satisfy all PR obligations and am still a permanent resident even though my card has expired. Is there any information out there about whether any rules changes that affect me have been applied during this Corona crisis time? Just trying to find out whether there's any chance of me being allowed in..
Without a valid PR card or PRTD you still shouldnt be able to board a plane . Have not seen any special exception guideline maybe someone else has. So is not about whether you would be allowed in but whether an airline will allow you to board So you should in first instance check with the airline

The alternative is the US Canada land border where you can use your expired card assuming you can overcome entry restrictions to the US

Reactions: canuck78

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Apply for PRTD and wait for present situation to improve.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Without the PR card you shouldn’t be able to come back to Canada via commercial airline and PRs who are living in another country will likely have last dibs on any repatriation flight.

realmj

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
Without a valid PR card or PRTD you still shouldnt be able to board a plane . Have not seen any special exception guideline maybe someone else has. So is not about whether you would be allowed in but whether an airline will allow you to board So you should in first instance check with the airline

The alternative is the US Canada land border where you can use your expired card assuming you can overcome entry restrictions to the US
Going through US Canada land border also is question mark right now.

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
Quick update on this if anyone is in the same situation: I was able to reach a Consulate and was told they could help me come back to Canada despite not having a valid PR card or travel document. In the end we decided against it for now.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Quick update on this if anyone is in the same situation: I was able to reach a Consulate and was told they could help me come back to Canada despite not having a valid PR card or travel document. In the end we decided against it for now.
sounds like you have never liked in Canada so not sure why you would choose to return now. Would be careful because there seems to be cracking down on cases exactly like yours. Your wife sponsored you but soon after you landed you both moved abroad for your job. You have never established roots in Canada. The issue of who is accompanying whom has become a bigger issues especially when it comes to spouses who never got established in Canada. Technically your wife can sponsor you again if there is ever an issue. If that is needed you need to prove you will be return to live in Canada along with proof.