+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

about work experience

eyoatam

Sep 20, 2015
hello there
Greetings

I'm in the middle of collecting my work experience letters. And what i want to know is that, i have 8 months of full time job and then 2 years of par-time job exp. in a same company. now please tell me how does the partime job be graded in CRS, i mean for example is a 2 year full time job and 2 year partime job equally graded or does the partime job is given less points?? if so what is the equivalent time for a two year partime job when converted to a full time??

Please tell me this
thank u very much

afsar9930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Part time work of 2 years is equals to full time work of 1 year. So your total experience is equals to 8 months of full time plus 2 yrs of part time = 1 year (equivalent to 2 years part itme), 8 months (your full time work). However you would get points for only 1 year both on CRS scale and FSW scale because unless it isn't 24 months of work experience you would not get points for 2 yrs.

But hey good for you that you have more than 1 yr experience unlike me who only has 43 weeks (10 months) experience even though I spent 3 years in canada on open work permit but still did not/could not make my self eligible for even a single immigration program out of more than 60 programs and now I am sititng back in my home country, returned back to the same place from where I started and regretting every day the mistakes I made because of negligence.

Good luck my friend for your immigration