+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About Work Experience

Nishant

Dec 25, 2005
Work Experience

Hello friends,

I have quick question for u??

My case is little bit critical in case of work experience. so below I m writing the my degree and work Ex.

1. Bachelor of Commerce (UNIVERSITY, feb- 2000)
2. Diploma in computer Programming (PRIVATE INSTITUTE ,6 months, completed in year 2000)
3. After this I m having 1 year of Experience as a Computer Programmer
4. Post Graduate Diploma in Advance Computing (PRIVATE INSTITUTE ,6 months Full Time completed June-2002)
5. After this I worked 1.5 years in one software firm as a Software Developer
6. In Feb-2004 I came in Australia for Masters of IT.

I have the above sequence in my education and work Ex. my question is that I did my bachelor degree in commerce but I have 2.5 years of IT experience so will this count for my points.
Is it mandatory that applicant must have work experience in the field in which he studied??

Thanks
Waiting for ur answers

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
:) If I remember correctly to get 21pts which is alot to help you get your 67 pts. you must have 4 years. So if you have 4 yrs total no matter where you worked or different jobs you did, you get the pts.

Where are you from? I would advise you to get an equivalance of your education in Canada which costs I believe 100$cn. It will save you alot of time and money as you will see if you will be up to par to the canadian standards and they will tell you in what area you can work in depending on the equivalance.

Then you can decide if you need more credits to be in the field you want to be you go get them so when you arrive in Canada you are able to apply to get a job in your field. I would also apply online to potential employers and if one accepts to sign for you to come and work for them it will take just a matter of days to get everything accepted once they have agreed to hire you.

You can do your application yourself but I would advise you once you have done that, go see an immigration lawyer or consultant..approved by canada, to look over your docuements to see that all is correct and nothing is missing. It is a service I do and it is highly appreciated because I saved them time and money because a tiny mistake and your forms are sent back. So it is worth it to go and see someone who can check everything for you.

No, it is not required that you work in the field you have studied for. But it would be wise to look up the jobs that are more likely to be accepted first by Canada because if not you lose points.

There are many things one must find out before applying and leaving one's country. One must be really prepared and put all the chances of getting work before even immigrating or at least find out if there is a chance of being hired in your field. Immigrating is a very big step in one's life and one must be absolutely sure of what they are doing as many have returned to their country very disappointed or landed on welfare which is not what they wanted.

I hope that this gives you an insight what to look into before immigrating as one leaves family and friends to come to a strange land knowing nothing and expecting alot.

Feb 5, 2010
a new member

Hello friends,

i ve prepared my application under code no 3233(licensed practical nurse)
i ve a background of pak military.

i just wanted to be introduced to members here.

i ll keep asking the forum, for any difficulties or my experiences.

hope i ll receive a warm welcome.
thanking you.]