+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

about visa in new passport, plz answer fast.

raqib_00

Feb 19, 2009
Hi,
i have a few pages in my current passport. Suppose I will take the canadian visa for PR in my current passport. When this passport's pages will be end , I'll issue a new passport book. Now, you can see that the canada visa is in old passport book and I am now using the new one, although the old one is attached. My question is, do I need to take the Visa again in the new passport? If so, then do I need to take it from Singapore again, or from Dhaka?
please answer me fast, I have a little time in hand.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
i have no idea on this one. i am sure someone will reply soon.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can get a new passport already before you get your PR visa, that would be best, then there is no problem. Otherwise, ask the advice of the embassy on what you should do.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
raqib_00 said:
Hi,
i have a few pages in my current passport. Suppose I will take the canadian visa for PR in my current passport. When this passport's pages will be end , I'll issue a new passport book. Now, you can see that the canada visa is in old passport book and I am now using the new one, although the old one is attached. My question is, do I need to take the Visa again in the new passport? If so, then do I need to take it from Singapore again, or from Dhaka?
please answer me fast, I have a little time in hand.
They canceled the passport and attach a new passport with the old one, they usually stamp on the new one that all visas on the old passport are still valid, so to answer your question, getting a new passport doesn't cancel valid visas on the old passport.

Once you are in Canada and you get the PR card, then you will not need the stamped visa on your passport. But before that your visa will stay valid no matter new passport is issued, your embassy knows that and they will tell you more details.

Or you can do what Leon said, get a new passport and get it stamped.